Smoke escaping the lid

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
I just got the pitminder in yesterday and am planning on smoking the tupelo honey ham that Ive had curing. Looking ahead for possible issues Ive noticed that in the past, without a guru, using the et-73 probes going under the lid has caused smoke to escape from between the lid and main body section. Its never been a problem with temperature regulation in the past but I was wondering if the forced air of the guru will affect the temps when using it. I will have the pit probe of the pitminder plus the two probes of the ET-73.

Oh yeah, and just use a dry pan with a few crumpled and straightened pieces of tin foil in the waterpan with another sheet over them?

Jim, No worries. You didn't get the eyelets when you ordered the Pitminder.
icon_confused.gif

Bryan, no I didnt order them. I was going to and then forgot. I will probably end up ordering a set in the near future. It would be nice if they included them instead of the rubber fishing leader wraps.

I wouldn't use those wraps for under the lid, just plain probe wires. Leaves too much of a gap. But I quickly moved to the eyelets once I bough the Digi II. I have 4 eyelets on my WSM for ET73 as well as Digi. I only use those wraps for wire management.

Not to worry, I didnt intend to use the wraps under the lid. I was just being totally ungrateful and saying that I wish they included the eyelets with the setup instead of the wraps.

Back