My own red barbecue sauce

Mike Chavez

TVWBB Fan
The previous "Lets talk barbecue sauce" thread was getting a little long so here is an approximate version of my red barbecue sauce without vinigar.

olive oil
1/4 C finely chopped onion
1/4 C finely chopped green pepper
2 clove garlic smashed and chopped
2 C catchup
3 Tbls Lea & Perrin
1 or 2 Tbls mustard any kind
2 Tbls molassas
2 Tbls hot sauce (I like Chalula)
1 Tbls BBQ rub
2Tbls Honey
1/4 C beer or more to thin it out

Cover bottom of pot with olive oil. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Saute until onion is transparent. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer low heat for about 10 minutes.
This is a pretty good basic barbecue sauce for beef, ribs and chicken. Or you could use it on pulled pork if you really wanted to. The catchup and mustard have vinigar in them so I guess that most bbq sauce has vinigar one way or another /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ty Mike...I assume the lea and perrins is the Worstechire sauce? And the BBQ rub?...which rub do you use? or does it not really matter? I agree, the vinegar is still there, but I am sure it wont dominate as it does when added straight from the bottle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Campbell:
[qb] ty Mike...I assume the lea and perrins is the Worstechire sauce? And the BBQ rub?...which rub do you use? . [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is there another kind of besides lea & perrin. Not for me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
As far as the rub goes I use my own blend but what ever your favorite is, is just fine.

Back