Need an awesome burger recipe!!

PaulFisher

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all,

I am in a burger cook-off competition for my work, and I need a great burger recipe! Please let me know what you've got.

Thanks!

This is one of our favorite burgers to make at home...We found the recipe in a Rachel Ray magazine awhile back

Jerk Pork Cheeseburgers w/ Green Apple Slaw

Ingredients

* 2 granny smith apples, peeled, grated and patted dry
* Grated peel of 1 lemon plus 1-1/2 tablespoons juice
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1/3 cup chopped chives
* 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning, such as McCormick
* 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
* 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
* 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
* 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted

Directions:

In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the lemon peel and juice. Add the mayonnaise, chives, 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/2 tablespoon jerk seasoning; stir to combine; refrigerate.

In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 1/2 tablespoons jerk seasoning. Add the ground pork and combine. Shape into four 1-inch-thick patties, pressing your thumb in the center of each to prevent it from bulging.

In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, reserving the skillet with the drippings. Cover the bacon with foil to keep warm. Heat the bacon drippings over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add the pork patties and cook for 4 minutes; flip, lower the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes more. Lower the heat to low and top each patty with a quarter of the cheese; cover the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted and the patties are cooked through, about 2 minutes more.

Place a pork patty on each toasted roll bottom; top with 2 bacon slices, a quarter of the apple slaw and a roll top.

Paul, I usually mix 50/50 ground chuck with ground sirloin. To this I add Lawry's Steak and Chop Marinade, just enough to moisten the meat. Then I sprinkle the formed burgers with McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning. MMMMM they taste like steak burgers, and come out real juicy.
icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately to level the playing field the meat will be provided. Hopefully 80/20 if I had to guess.

Back