Outdoor Kitchen w/ Weber Summit 640 (2007 model) thoughts?

Jimbo B

TVWBB Fan
I'm looking to buy a high-end grill to build-into a masonry w/ stones outdoor kitchen. I was looking at the Summit 640, since it's in my budget. I know this is a weber-loving site, but are there any other options in the <$2000 range that can compete with it?

Anyone know of a pre-integrated outdoor kitchen that includes an S-640? I'm really struggling to figure out how to get this outdoor kitchen thing done....

Thanks for any thoughts

Jimbo,

I like Webers as well, but for the type of project/investment you are looking at I think it would be worth time to check out Viking and DCS as well. I don't know what the difference in dollars might be, but if it is kind of close.... it might be worth your while. Now, I don't know much about this product, but I have been wanting to test drive one for a while. Seems kinda cool.....

Good luck.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n... too many choices!
Gary

I too have been looking at the Diamond BBQ series. I received a quote for their built in model of $2850. This comes with a life time warranty.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I will definitely take a look at Viking and DCS to make some comparisons.

In this application, other people will be using the grill who may find charcoal to be messy or dirty, no matter how easy it is to light and cleanup (hehe), so I'm afraid anything but natural gas hookup / propane is out of the question. I have a WSM for charcoal cooking.

Jimbo
Your budget - your design. Why not consider a built-in/removable WSM, Kettle or Ranch as well give yourself the versatility to be able to do everything in the one area and have ample prep area as well. You could fit exhaust hoods above all BBQs. Made from stone/masonary you will not have a fire problem. Ensure that the natural gas pipe is isolated from the charcoal BBQs. I envy you, I can just imagine what it could be like. I would also add a wood fired pizza oven just in case I felt the urge for something different. - I hope your budget has some fat in it.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
Jimbo
Your budget - your design. Why not consider a built-in/removable WSM, Kettle or Ranch as well give yourself the versatility to be able to do everything in the one area and have ample prep area as well.
Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have my WSM and Kettle built in.... no fire concerns. The work space is worth every penny. I would like to see a built in Ranch...

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

There guys have what I want (and said you can have them make the opening the right size for the S-640), but they seem a bit pricey given my intended use.. If I can't get it built locally at an acceptable cost I think I'm going to go with the free-standing S-650 and just get a nice table and chairs adjacent to it. The WSM will still be down there
icon_smile.gif

Edit: BTW, if I order through Amazon (instead of going locally) I will use the VWB commission link... hope VWB gets a nice cut.

Back