WSM Gizmo

Gary McD

TVWBB Pro
Not having a lot of experience with the WSM I was wondering if I buy a Silver Bullet Jacket do I also have to buy one of those automatic temperature gizmos to be able to use it?

We are subjected to high winds off of the great lakes often, and smoking or grilling can be very challenging.

Hi Gary.

Except for Susan Z.'s account with her Silver Jacket, everyone else has needed some form of "forced" draft (at least everything I've read on it). I have 2 Competitors and a Silver Jacket but the newer model has a hole in the top that can align with the top vent and I wonder if that's enough to allow natural draft to keep the fire alive. If I had to guess, probably not. Shawn W. from Calgary punched several holes in his to allow enough natural draft to work for his so with mods, it's do-able. Others will surely add their thoughts.
icon_smile.gif

Bill

BTW, if you decide to purchase one, I'd be happy to loan you one of my Competitors to have on hand for a trial run or 2..

thanks Bill,

I don't have any knowdlege about what this is, but if I could just see one would be very helpful. Nontheless, I need to do something, because smoking in this weather is very challenging for a beginner.

Really I am getting better at this, but I need some help! Thanks.

Here's the BBQ GURU's website, linked to their power draft products. The Competitor isn't made any more as it's been replaced by the DigiQ II, a smaller version with additional capabilities and a digital display. Here's a link to their Silver Jacket and this picture shows the Competitor model that I have. I'd be happy to discuss these and other options with you .. This is going to be another pretty busy week for me but I'm sure we can find some time to chat..

Bill,

I am retired so, I am usally available to meet at Tim's for coffee anytime. I am on the town's conservation commission, but I can be very flexible.

Try me at XXX 8003 when you are free.

Thank you so much,

Gary

I have to take the class fish back to school for my son 1st thing tomorrow but I've got couple hours free after that, before noon, to meet at Tim's if you can do that. Tuesday and Wednesday are out.. Is that your home no.? With a 3, 4 or 5?

Bill

It's busy.
icon_cool.gif
Kinda busy this evening with getting the kids ready to go back to school tomorrow .. Wanna meet at Tim's? I'll bring one of the Competitors. I'm free between 9 and noon.

Well, Gary has my old Guru Competitor for a trial run or 3 ... might just have another convert.
icon_biggrin.gif
Let us know how it goes Gary .. Git er done today though; I'm hearing about 6 to 12" of the white stuff tomorrow...
icon_eek.gif
('course, you can hold on to it for as long as you need
icon_wink.gif
)

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back