Chicken Wing Prep

D Petrman

TVWBB Member
Went to the store and scored a bunch (6.5 dozen) wings for about $9.00. Here they are processed, ready to be put in the vacuum bags and frozen. Saved 8 of them for grilling this weekend.

4486762693_073ee60610_m.jpg

I'm open to suggestions on how to do them a bit different. I've been marinating them with applecider, worchestershire, garlic powder, little oil and lots of hot sauce. They are pretty good that way...just would like to try something new.

Thanks in advance

Try a dry barbeque rub (whatever your favorite is) and extra cayenne ( to taste). Put the rub on the raw wings and let them set in the refrigerator overnite. The next day grill them over direct heat until done. Put them in a container with more rub and shake. Then serve. I know it's simple but I've gotten rave reviews on it done this way.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Petrman:
Went to the store and scored a bunch (6.5 dozen) wings for about $9.00. Here they are processed, ready to be put in the vacuum bags and frozen. Saved 8 of them for grilling this weekend.

4486762693_073ee60610_m.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great suggestions, thanks....i will split a little load between the two recipes and report back.....Wild Willies # one wonderful rub.....

For an Asian touch:
Malaysian Grilled Chicken Wings
Marinade:
(Double or triple the marinade as needed)
2 T oyster sauce
1 T hoisin sauce
1 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 T minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp ground white pepper

Use quality condiments. I prefer Lee Kum Kee Premium oyster sauce. Marinade wings overnight in refrigerator and grill wings direct (medium-low, so the sugar in the hoisin doesn’t burn). A winner.

Back