Registering @ Weber: Where to find Serial Number on Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyC

TVWBB Fan
So they lady I bought my Performer from did not have the warranty card, just the user manual. I want to go ahead and register my grill because I just noticed the tiniest bit of rust around the handle of the kettle and one of the lid spindles is missing.

Any idea where I can find it ?

Jeremy, here's the info I recieved from Weber last November to register your grill(s). I'm not sure about the Performer but most Weber grills don't have a S/N per se but use a date code stamped on the lid vent. Here's some more information on how to determine when your grill was manufactured. HTH.

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

If you need further assistance, please let me know.
Our customer service hot line is open 7 days a week 7:00a.m -11:00p.m.
Central Standard Time

Sincerely,

xxxx
Weber/Ducane Customer Service

1-800-446-1071 (Weber)

1-847-407-8900 (Weber Fax)

1-800-382-2637 (Ducane)

1-800-265-2150 (Canadian Customer Service)

Websites: www.weber.com

www.ducane.com

I see it's got DO stamped on the vent..

Unfortunately, that isn't enough to register the grill at Weber's websites. You need the exact number.

I guess I'm out of luck for warranty service ?

Originally posted by JeremyC:
I see it's got DO stamped on the vent..

Unfortunately, that isn't enough to register the grill at Weber's websites. You need the exact number.

I guess I'm out of luck for warranty service ?
I don't think so. Here's the email address I used or you could just call them. I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you where to look for the S/N. Good luck.

Bill
icon_smile.gif

support@weberstephen.com

Look on the bottom of the black control panel, where you turn the gas on and off. There is a sticker w/ the two letter date code, and also a full serial number.

I just want to share my excitement: I have been lurking here for a long time, but just last week scored 2 stainless steel Performers off of craigslist, to add to my original 2002.

For my birthday a few weeks ago, I rented a Ranch from the Weber Store in Palatine IL, and did 20 full slabs of babybacks on the RK for 6 hours, and 2 briskets for 13 hours on my Performer w/BBQguru.

Tonight I am doing a Corned beef brisket (experiment): it was mislabeled as a "pork loin rib half sliced" (I kid not) originally for $84.38, and marked all the way down to $10.xx! Also, 6 slabs, probably 2 Boston butts. Burgers and dogs for anyone who doesn't like the real 'q. Living here in "Feaux Cue" land everyone is really amazed by the real deal.

Checked the sticker, it was just stamped on the bottom near the access panel. Not even sure if its the right number, but it's the only series of numbers anywhere on the grill...

However, I tried to input it on Weber's website and it gave me a systems error. Perhaps it was already registered ? Anyways, I'll give Weber a call and have them added.

Thanks for the info!

Hi Jeremy, I just registered my Performer a couple of months ago. I just checked to see where the serial number was on mine because I didn't recall it being on the lid vent or near the ignitor/gas valve control panel. In my case the serial number was clearly marked on a white sticker on the other side of the table from the ignitor/gas valve control panel (the back side of the grill). The sticker was just below the work surface level of the table on a black metal frame piece. My serial number started with a D1 XXXXXXX (D1 (space) and then 7 digit number). The serial number registered fine for me. Hope this helps (but I recognize that maybe Weber relocates the sticker from time to time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back