Rhythm 'n QUE's "Fundamentals of Competition Barbeque" Class

Vincent Carrocci

TVWBB Super Fan
Rhythm 'n QUE, the all-WSM competition barbeque team, will be teaching "Fundamentals of Competition Barbeque", a cooking class sure to help both rookie and veteran cooks alike. Chris Allingham and The Virtual Weber Bullet have generously allowed us to tell the membership here about the class and we are very grateful as we strongly believe that the Weber Smokey Mountain user will truly benefit from what we can teach.

We will be cooking the four competition meats, (Chicken, Ribs, Pork & Brisket), on WSMs and you'll be able to taste the food for yourself. We'll also be covering meat preparation techniques, cooker types, rubs, sauces, organization and contest preparedness, all the skills you'll need in order to become a competition Grand Champion. The very things we'll be teaching you have led us to 22 Grand Championships and 18 Reserve Grand Championships.

The class is going to be held on Saturday, April 21, 2012 in Santa Clara, CA and will run from 8:00am - 3:00pm. Our host will be Darry Smith, owner of Eggs by the Bay, in his store's kitchen classroom. The cost of the class is $345 per person with the "Early Bird" discount so long as your enrollment form and payment are postmarked by March 16, 2012. The price thereafter is $385 per person. Sorry for the short notice but it was very important to us that we have Chris's and TVWB's permission before we announced our class here.

Enrollment forms and more details can be found at the following locations:

http://www.rhythmnque.com/classes.html
http://www.eggsbythebay.com/Competition_Classes.html

Please keep in mind that the class size is limited and we're receiving enrollment forms every day so please don't delay because you might miss out on this opportunity to learn how get the most out of your WSM.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here and we'll get you the answers you need.

Thanks again to Chris and The Virtual Weber Bullet and we look forward to seeing you at the class!

Hi Bill,

We won't be recording the class so videos will not be available. Sorry about that.

On the other hand, we would be very happy to look into the possibility of holding a class that is closer to you sometime in the future. If anyone else who resides in the Northeast would like to attend our class, please let us know so we can measure the interest level. You can either post here or send us an e-mail to info@rhythmnque.com

Thanks,

Vince

Remember, folks, today (March 16) is the deadline to have your enrollment forms and payment postmarked so that you get the Early Bird discount for our class. And please, don't be fooled by the excellent price. This is a full on competition cooking class. We're just compressing things to make it all fit into a single day.

Thanks to all who have already signed up! We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Can't travel to CA for this, guess I'll have to learn the hard way. Sounds awesome though, there's probably nobody I'd rather take a class from.

Would love to take this class, especially since they cook on WSM's and learning on the same cooker I use would be invaluable, but CA is waaaay too far.

Thanks for the kind words, Brian, and thank you for coming to the class. We sure had a great time teaching and I have to admit that teaching a full competition class is much more exhausting than cooking a full competition!

But that fatigue fell away very quickly when we learned that one of the other folks who attended that class was able to incorporate some of what he learned from us on Saturday into a competition he was cooking that night and earned his first ever Grand Championship on Sunday! Alexa and I felt like proud parents and were very happy to have played a small role in his immediate success!

I'm very happy to report that another member of the cooking class has won a Grand Championship at his first contest after the class.

Brian Moriarty and his Left Hand Smoke team won the Washington State Spring BBQ Championship, a PNWBA event, this past weekend.

Brian is no stranger to winning and has a number of GCs to his credit so it isn't as if the class made him a champion. However, it sure is great to see people who were in our class have success and hopefully some of what we taught helped out a bit.

Congratulations, Brian!!

Back