Stockton area "Throw Down"

Mac

TVWBB Guru
Hi Folks, I'm asking (Challenging) any and all TVWB members in the area of Stockton, Ca. to a Rib Burner Throw Down.
Date: April 1, 2012 (It's on a Sunday)
This for a good cause and should be fun as well a great way to meet fellow members.
It's open to all forms of cookers.
I hope you can come and compete or at least show and eat some tasty Ribs.
Rib%2520burner.jpg

Fat City Griller Supply
6036 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95207
209-475-9931

Let me know if you have any Questions.
Thanks,

I'm fine with this.

Just a reminder to members...as a general rule, members may not post messages to promote an event without clearing it with me first. This is spelled out in the Terms of Service for the discussion forum. Having said that, I can't think of a competition or charitable event that I have not approved to date.

Thanks,
Chris

Mac, sounds good! Any idea of who is judging?
Are you promoting this event?
How are teams presenting ribs? IE. how many bones, in styro? Blind judging? What time is turn in?
My UDS needs some practice, perhaps I can talk it into performing!

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
Mac, sounds good! Any idea of who is judging?
Are you promoting this event?
How are teams presenting ribs? IE. how many bones, in styro? Blind judging? What time is turn in?
My UDS needs some practice, perhaps I can talk it into performing! Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Mark,
No, I'm not "Officially" promoting this event, but I am cooking in it.
For a $50 donation you will get 3 racks of Spares (1 Cryovac package) these will be provided by the event sponsers. (Krewe for a Cure).
6 Bones turned in with Garnish in the provided styro box's @ 1:00 PM.
The Judging will be done Blind, by CBJs.
The public will buy 5 tickets for $5 to be exchanged for tastings. (1 ticket per Rib). Also with every 5 tickets, they will recieve a Poker Chip to be used to for "Peoples Choice" voting.
I hope to meet many TVWB Members (and Lurkers) at this event.

"My UDS needs some practice"
If I cook on my "Mini" WSM, it would be kinda like David and Goliath.
icon_biggrin.gif

Mac, Absolutely wonderful. Cheryl and I will be there. UDS in tow. Happy to support the charity and visit the sea side town of Stockton. Hope to see many more TVWBB members. I know you guys are out there. Come to a great event!

Mark

Back