Your favorite meal?

Welcome Jamie.
Good to see you hanging around the net with us.

If you were cooking dinner for yourself over a charcoal fire, what would the menu be?

Hey Ray,

I wish you hadn't put in that condition about me doing the cooking. I'd rather have YOU doing the cooking! But if I'm in charge of my own meal, I'll choose some Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce (reminds me of the year I traveled throughout Southeast Asia), then some Fennel-Spiced Salmon with Gazpacho Salad (preferably with salmon that I've caught myself), and then some Grilled Butter-Rum Pineapple over Ice Cream. I could pull this off in about an hour. Now, if I had company coming, I'd want to spend some more time and work some barbecue into the menu.

Ray, your first two books have been a huge influence on me. They have opened up the barbecue world to hundreds of thousands of people. I can't wait to get my hands on "Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Road Trip!"

See ya around. I am judging at Memphis in May this year. I'll look for you.

OK, then what's your favorite meal if I'm cooking!
icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the nice words, the feeling is mutual. I won't be in Memphis this year but I suspect I'll see you in Chicago at the IACP conference.

Just lay some of your Competition Brisket on a plate and let me slup it down in stunned silence.

I'll see you at the IACP conference.

Back