Pulled pork

Going to smoke 4 bone in pork butts on my 18 wsm for my daughters grad. Party and I'm Looking for good vinegar sauce to keep pulled pork moist,Since I will be cooking the meat 1-2 days before the party then reheating in a roaster oven. Any sauce recipes or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

The Carolina Red from the Mr. Brown recipe is easy and great. You can have an additional bottle of your favorite sauce on the side as well (home-made or otherwise).
Carolina Red
1-1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot dried red chile flakes
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
Stir together all ingredients, dissolving the sugar and salt. Serve at room temperature.

Hello Terry
I have a tip for you and that is to vacuum seal them up and put your sauce in. I have made PP and froze it this way gave it to people and told them when they are ready, boil some water and put the bag in for 10 to 20 min or so. It comes out moist. You can always warm up some more sauce and add it after. I don't like a vinegar base sauce so I am sorry I don't have that for you. My family and I like a sweet and spicy sauce. Terry is this you first Pulled pork?

terry, I would highly recommend Steve Petrone's # 5 sauce. You can get the recipe on this site. Do a search on the recipes section(search no.5 sauce).It's awesome. You can tweek it to make it your own or use it just like he has it.

Thanks for the tips,I will try these two sauces. I have done several smokes on my wsm this will be my first pork butt, the party is June 12, I plan to cook at least two pork butts before the party, and try a few sauces.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TDPurcell:
I made this sauce last night, and it tasted great with pulled pork...Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont Sauce

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...&r=8790077663&cdra=Y </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that one. Tried it this weekend and it was perfect for pulled pork sandwiches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul h:
terry, I would highly recommend Steve Petrone's # 5 sauce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto that Terry.
I added one specific top secret ingredient to mine for pulled pork, so I call it my No. 6 sauce. Excellent sauce, vinegary without being thin. Good stuff.

Back