Weber Q 220

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Just bought a Weber Q 220 as a wedding gift for my brother. I think it will make a nice little unit for a couple just starting out in an apartment with a small patio but no backyard to speak of.

I especially like the higher shaped lid with a thermometer mounted in the center. Kind of wish I needed one...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,
Chris

I assembled it today and it's pretty sweet. Very well thought out. I especially like the heavy cooking grate and the way the work surfaces fold inside the lid for storage.

I hope my brother and his new bride like it...if not, maybe they can regift it to me for my birthday.
icon_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chris

I bought a Q 220 a month or so ago to take to a vacation home. Haven't used it yet, but was very impressed with the set up.

Reason for the purchase - when the grandkids get ready to eat, THEY'RE READY. A leisurely start up of my kettle or RK won't get it.
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Hey guys, if you do this and i think its a great gift to a friend or to yourself but, you gotta get the stand its just makes the Q perfect. I have a Q and used it but i found the stand on sale at target, it's great, hard to improve on any weber but the stands makes it , you've come this far dont cheap out and not get the stand...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Zaffran:
Hey guys, if you do this and i think its a great gift to a friend or to yourself but, you gotta get the stand its just makes the Q perfect. I have a Q and used it but i found the stand on sale at target, it's great, hard to improve on any weber but the stands makes it , you've come this far dont cheap out and not get the stand... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get em on clearance for like $10.00? I saw that I think on Fatwallet.

I have the original Q (Weber now calls it the Q200). It sounds like all I would need is to order a new lid to make it a Q220) has anyone tried this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have the original Q (Weber now calls it the Q200). It sounds like all I would need is to order a new lid to make it a Q220) has anyone tried this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben The Q220 lid will fit the Q200, The lid is 37 mm higher and has a hole for the thermometer. You will need to order both the lid and the thermometer to upgrade to a Q220. That is the only difference that I was made aware of when demonstrating them.

Regards

Will they let you do that? I wonder how much the lid and therm cost? I called about the fold out tables for my old Baby Q since the new Q120 model has them but Weber said they would not allow me to retrofit my Baby Q. The fittings are exactly same from what I could see so I know they would fit the same way they do on the Baby Q. In fact, the only difference I see between the new Q110 and Q120 is the foldout tables.

Good news Ron! We now offer a table kit for the Baby Q!

Phil, We can also help you out... The Q-200 and the Q-220's lids are interchangeable. I don't have the price in front of me but it can be done.

Later!

I`m thinking of getting this grill

does it get hot enough for good sear marks on steaks.

I love my performer but sometimes the wife and grandkids want the food like nowwwww.
icon_smile.gif

Plus I can take it on our RV trips of the future.

Mike
Great sear/grill marks. Preheat on high for 10 minutes. When I do a steak, I turn the Q down 2 marks after I put the steak on. I still get great grill marks but it doesn't burn the steak.

Send me your email address (mine is in my profile) and I will send you some recipes specifically done for the Q.

Regards

Phil

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeD:

I love my performer but sometimes the wife and grandkids want the food like nowwwww.
icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was exactly my situation and the reason I got a Q220 for a vacation home. Playing with that charcoal fire in my RK and WSM, etc at the lakehouse is great, but when a 5 year, a 2 year old and their "Nanna" are ready to eat ... you better "Git'r cooked" !

Paul

I would love to switch my lid as well.. this (and knowing the temp) would help alot when doing indirect stuff!

And a green Lid goes really well at my Eagles Tailgate!

I agree! Green lid would go great at a Packers Tailgate too!!!

Std 220 lid runs about $60.00 and the colors are $65.00

Std 200 lids are about $43.00 ea.

You kids have fun!!!

Back