Freezing Guru Fan

Grim

TVWBB Member
Christmas dinner is on the WSM and I'm having a technical problem that is more of a nuisance than a disaster.

The fan seems to be freezing to a stop. The temp here is currently 13F. The fan goes back on if I give it a flick with my finger, but freezes up again a little later.

I've put a lit chimney of charcoal on a grate next to the fan to see if the radiating heat will keep it going. Any other suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grim:
Christmas dinner is on the WSM and I'm having a technical problem that is more of a nuisance than a disaster.

The fan seems to be freezing to a stop. The temp here is currently 13F. The fan goes back on if I give it a flick with my finger, but freezes up again a little later.

I've put a lit chimney of charcoal on a grate next to the fan to see if the radiating heat will keep it going. Any other suggestions on how to overcome this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Grim, sounds like a loose wire connection to me.

I remember reading about this problem a couple times a year or 2 ago but don't remember any cause/fix for it. I tried several searches but couldn't find anything. You might try emailing the guru folks and see if they respond.

Bill

The Guru people are very nice, but others might have had more luck than I have with emails to/from Guru. Maybe they were out of town at a competition or just extra-busy, but I'd suggest phoning them. They are very helpful over the phone.

1-(800)-288-4878

For technical advice, I'd ask for Bob: X-207
or Fred (don't know his extension)

Back