Virginia > Christiansburg: Due South BBQ

Jay VD

My son is a freshman at Virginia Tech. I spied this place the last time coming into town (Roanoke Road) or go to http://www.duesouthbbq.com/
We had good pulled pork and ribs. Home made deserts. Brisket next time. They had a cool three piece band playing in the back. It's a real small place, but neat just the same.

Eat here regularly when in town of business about once a month - really good BBQ in VA.

Mac & Cheese was good, seemed homemade and not the sloppy, runny, kraft type you get from some BBQ joints. Hush puppies were the round ball type which some places fry to a crisp, but these were really tasty and soft with just a light crunch.

I had the ribs which were on special. These are some of the best & worst ribs I have ever had. Best - the flavor was there, great smoke flavor and the sauce they use was really tasty. The 1/2 rack is a good portion.

Worst - they were really, really tough. They don't remove the membrane which usually makes a rib tough and it did.

smoked chicken is great - it is fried after smoked so you can guess how awesome that is!

pulled pork is really good - again they give you a bunch of sauces to choose from and the pork is really well smoked. they have like an all you can eat pork/ sides during the week I think on Tuesday nights.

They usually have a little string band/ solo/ duet playing which is really cool

Back