Grilldaddy???

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
Has anyone tried the Grilldaddy? Its a grill cleaning brush that uses steam to wash away baked-on food and grease. My first instinct is that it would probably work but I do not want to have to purchase their replaceable brush heads for the rest of my cooking life. That got me to thinking-if steam is the answer to really cleaning my grates then how about other methods of steaming them?
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the Grilldaddy or steam cleaning grates in general?

No specific knowledge, but my wife has one of those steamer things that take wrinkles out of clothes. Ah...we also have one of those steam cleaner things too, for floors, sinks, etc. Probably higher pressure than the ironing one, could try that in one hand and a grill brush in the other.

Todd

I saw the infomercial on that a few weeks ago. It actually looks kinda useful. I wouldn't be surprised to find that sort of thing at a Linens and Things. They always seem to have all those "as seen on TV" home gadgets.

It might be just for aesthetics though. If your grill is hot enough, all your residue will carbonize, and you can easily scrape it off with a normal brush.

I guess we don't need shinny grills.
icon_smile.gif

IMHO.....just spray grill...with what some grillers have handy, a spray bottle of water, followed closely by your grill brush...instant $15.00 savings.

I got one free a while back with a Weber I bought. I didn't like the looks of it, so I never used it.
icon_biggrin.gif

I use and like the product it works very well with gas. Heat grills and steam clean, then oil and ready to go. Wouldn't use on charcoal since water will slightly douse coals.

I posted here (somewhere) a while back about my grilldaddy, which at the time I stated that I really like it. Since then I've tried it on my charcoal kettle and find that it doesn't work as well as I had hoped. But, on the gasser it's simply the bomb IMHO! Maybe it's the rectangular, flat grate vs. the skinny round bars on my Weber. And also what James noted; the water drips on the coals and douses them a bit. Perhaps no big deal,but...

Back