Weber Performer without Gas Assist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Sharar

TVWBB Super Fan
Can a Weber Performed (old metal table style) that doesn't have the gas assist be upgraded? Does Weber have the parts necessary for this upgrade and will the non-gas performer handle them without to many mods? Anyone done this here? Thanks.

I don't think so because it doesn't have all the holes/welds in the right places for the burner tube. But I don't have one, I'm just guessing. I suppose if you wanted to do lots of work (drilling just the right spots, etc) AND you could get Weber to sell you the burner/ignitor kit it could be done.

Alternatively, you could order a whole new bowl along with the burner kit. Even then I'd still guess there is probably some weld or bracket that would be necessary to hold the burner assy. to the frame/cart. And it would be cost prohibitive. And it wouldn't really be "modding" anymore would it?

I think this would be a better option...
http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-JT850-Self-Igniting-O...id=1212609843&sr=8-2

I LOVE mine. You can use it for other stuff too like the WSM, smoky joe, problem weeds, problem children
icon_biggrin.gif
(kidding) the list goes on. Best of all it makes a really cool sound and any other guy who sees it will want one. Seriously though, it's handy. If you think you'll ever do any plumbing work you should get a torch that just uses the propane bottle as the handle- smaller so you can sweat/solder pipes. I bought the other style cause the long handle makes it easier to burn weeds and light charcoal (no leaning down).

I have a Black Performer bowl with the gas assist, Acme nut fitting for an OPD tank and the valve cover plate with instrucions, if you are interested in a conversion. Not sure where you are located, but shipping it won't be cheap. Send me a PM if you can't get any help from Weber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back