Porterhouse steak

Since I worked the past 3 weekends and both holidays I picked up a big steak. This one weighed in at 2 lbs. Marinaded in oil, Everglades seasoning, white pepper, oregano, minced garlic and crushed red pepper. Let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours. Here is a rare "in the freezer bag soaking marinade" picture:

DSC00345.jpg

Started the chimney with a Diamond "Strike-A-Fire" fire starter. Look at the white smoke, surprised a neighbor did not call the fire department.

DSC00350.jpg

Decided to do a charcoal chimney searing. No picture of the steak on the chimney. However I did take that thermometer off with my bear fingers. It was pegged at 700°, that did not feel good. Did the steak about 2 minutes a side.

DSC00357.jpg

Finished the steak on indirect. Also made some cheater potatoes and corn.

DSC00363.jpg

On the plate. Tell you whut, I am stuffed.

DSC00366.jpg

Hi Brian,
Way to go on rewarding yourself for your hard work. Good gawd man, now that's a STEAK! I haven't done the chiminy sear, but w/your 'bear' fingers, you nailed it! that char and crust looks awesome.

Tell you whut, I am stuffed.
C'Mon Brian... I could Eet that plate, burp, an' come back for more on any given day.
icon_biggrin.gif

Okay, a 2 pounder is QUITE a hefty hunka steak, butt hellsbells man, I'd doit in a milwaukee minute!
Nice cookin' Man!

Great job Brian! Looks delicious, nice char on the steak, and the seasoning seems mouthwatering. I tried those diamond strike a fire starters only once, I hated them. I thought my neighbor was going to call the fire department, heck I got out my garden hose. No thanks, I'll stick to my weber cubes.

Nicely done Brian. I'm a fan of doing/starting steaks right on the chimney. Yours came out fantastic.

Back