Nu Temp Question

Robert T.

TVWBB Super Fan
On another board, I found a link to Nu Temp that would give you the main unit (NU701) for $40 and the Remote unit (NU751) for $20. The link was http://www.nu-temp.com/tvwb/

Because of the 'tvwb" at the end, I am assuming it may have originated from here. The original thread about this was from a year or so ago but when I went to the site, it let me order it and I got an email confirmation. Anyone know if this is a special deal for this board? It will be curious to see if they call me on it Monday or if they ship it at that price.

Bob

Bob,

Yes, that was a promotional deal through TVWB. I think it's gone on twice but I'm not sure. I thought that promotion had expired, and maybe it has. Let us know if you get a call.

Bill

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what they do. The pricing was still out there so hopefully, they will let me have them at that price. I was probably going to buy at the normal price anyway.

I'll let you know.

Bob

Not sure for how long it will be good but they shipped my new thermometers to me and charged me the promotional price of $40 and $20.

bob

Give them a call and mention you saw it on the site.

I got a free Nu-Temp off craigslist (the guy wanted something simpler-go figure) and it needed a new probe. I ordered 2 extra remotes and a backup probe and they did cut me a deal, it arrived quick and I couldn't be happier.

Arrived today so I am good. They were great to deal with. Now a question for those of you with this unit. How does it turn on or off?

Robert thanks for the link. About a month ago I started checking these out and had been holding off till my birthday next month in order to justify the purchase. With your link I figured I would save over $30, so I just placed my order.
Thanks for posting the info.

My NU_TEMP arrived today. Total Bill with the extra remote $65. I hope this works better than that no good redi check that caused me tons of frustration. Once again thanks for the link.

Chris,

Glad it worked and I hope for the same thing. I am tired of wrestling with the Maverick. I haven't had a chance to use mine yet but many on here are happy.

Bob

Originally posted by Robert T.:
I am tired of wrestling with the Maverick.

Bob, I finally did the antenna mod to my maverick (on Christmas Day), didn't take but 5-10 minutes and the range is now, well, rather good! Highly recommend the antenna mod!!!

Kevin H.

The Nu-Temp thermometer sounds like a nice one. It looks like you can set the alarm for a high temp or a low temp, but not both. Is this correct? If so, are there any wireless thermometers that can bet set to detect a range and sound an alarm if a low or high temperature is reached. I would like to start a brisket and be able to get some sleep knowing my cooker is doing what it is supposed to.

the nu temp can only have 1 alarm, like you said. unless you but 2 remote parts, like me. set 1 to low and other to high. I understand you totally, why wouldn't someone think up to make ONE w/ BOTH. I had a temp control unit but struggled w/ it more then w/out one, so sent it back. Best bet for overnight for me at least these days is Original Kingsford w/ half pan of water (I ussually don't touch Kingsford or water but hey this works
icon_wink.gif
) and the nu temp w/ two remote sensors/probes. Hope I helped a bit. I bet someone may know of a therm that has both but I don't know of one i've i've looked around pretty well. Maybe you could figure out what Alton Brown uses on his show cause He would own one im sure, hes probably to good for a nu temp.
icon_wink.gif
have a good one.

Originally posted by Jason:
The Nu-Temp thermometer sounds like a nice one. It looks like you can set the alarm for a high temp or a low temp, but not both. Is this correct? If so, are there any wireless thermometers that can bet set to detect a range and sound an alarm if a low or high temperature is reached.

Although they have received some bad comments here, I use a Maverick ET-73 which allows a high food setting and low and high smoker settings using two probes. Some of the issues others have had relate to range and the location of the on/off switch on the transmitter. Range isn't an issue with mine due to the location of my smoker relative to my house. Mine has been working fine for over a year and it costs less than $50. maverick link

Thanks, I think I am going to try the nu temp with a second remote.

Originally posted by Dave/G:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason:
The Nu-Temp thermometer sounds like a nice one. It looks like you can set the alarm for a high temp or a low temp, but not both. Is this correct? If so, are there any wireless thermometers that can bet set to detect a range and sound an alarm if a low or high temperature is reached.

I have the Maverick ET-7(under $50.00) which I have used a couple of times and have been very satisfied by it´s performance.

Richard

WSM(Old Model), OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator

Although they have received some bad comments here, I use a Maverick ET-73 which allows a high food setting and low and high smoker settings using two probes. Some of the issues others have had relate to range and the location of the on/off switch on the transmitter. Range isn't an issue with mine due to the location of my smoker relative to my house. Mine has been working fine for over a year and it costs less than $50. maverick link </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Robert T.:
On another board, I found a link to Nu Temp that would give you the main unit (NU701) for $40 and the Remote unit (NU751) for $20. The link was http://www.nu-temp.com/tvwb/

Because of the 'tvwb" at the end, I am assuming it may have originated from here. The original thread about this was from a year or so ago but when I went to the site, it let me order it and I got an email confirmation. Anyone know if this is a special deal for this board? It will be curious to see if they call me on it Monday or if they ship it at that price.

Bob

I just ordered the same setup from that site for the same money. Got the confirmation in email too. Hope I get it.......

As my previous post said I bought the Nu-Temp setup on August 25th but have yet to receive them. I called them yesterday and Paul said that because of storms around China they have yet to receive them and that he would make a call to get the status on them last night, I called Nu-Temp today to find out the staus and was told by another person there that they would not get them for two or three weeks minimum. Hope the info helps someone...

I ordered mine just after this thread started to see if I could get it at thet price. Well, my check has been cashed but I have not received a ****ed thing yet. Giving me new thoughts about nu temp.

Originally posted by Chuck W.:
I ordered mine just after this thread started to see if I could get it at thet price. Well, my check has been cashed but I have not received a ****ed thing yet. Giving me new thoughts about nu temp.

Chuck, when did you order yours?

Back