Grilled Corn on the Cob recipes

Steve A.

TVWBB Member
I want to try grilling some corn on the cob (husk on) this weekend. I would like to see if any of you have recipes that have produced good results.

I believe this one is from Southern Living and we love it.

Grilled Corn in the Style of Oaxaca

6 ears fresh corn with husks
2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
2 limes, cut into wedges
Vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Remove heavy outer husks from corn; pull back inner husks. Remove and discard silks. Tie inner husks together with string.
Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl, and set aside. Place Parmesan cheese, chili powder, and lime wedges in small serving bowls, and set aside.
Coat each corn cob lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle corn evenly with salt and pepper. Position corn on food grate of grill so that tied husks lie on unlit side to prevent burning husks.
Grill corn, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350°to 300°) 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Place grilled corn cobs on a platter.
Spread corn evenly with mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese and chili powder. Squeeze lime wedges over corn.

Yield: Makes 6 servings

Gee I did my very simple. EVOO with a little sea salt. No husk and just grilled them next to my burgers or steaks. My wife and friends decided this is how they like em now. You could add some other flavoring of your choice. Just experiment and play with it. Remember there aren't any bad Q's just happy accidents.

I do it all the time. There's nothing like it plain and simple. I just open them up, remove the silk, let them soak in water for an hour, then throw them on inderect heat til the kernels are tender.

I've tried bacon wrapped corn on the cob too. I wasn't too impressed, but you may like it.
395248420HiUDEx_th.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/album/395236977ZpdQXA

I rub the husked corn ears with EVOO and lightly with Frank's Original hot sauce so they don't get too spicy-hot and then grill them (husks off) over medium/direct heat. Goes over every time.

Back