"Dirty Martini" Marinade for Lamb

K Kruger

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Many thanks to S Petrone for the idea.

1 small bottle Beefeater gin (like you get on an airplane)

3/4 c white vermouth

8 green olives

2 Tbls brine from the olive jar

6 cloves garlic

the zest from 1 lemon

2 Tbls minced fresh rosemary

3/4 c e.v. olive oil

several turns of the peppermill

2 tsp salt

Process all till smooth. Using a sharp paring knife, make several stabs into the flesh, all over the lamb. Put the meat into a large Ziplock, pour in the marinade, zip it closed. Massage the meat through the bag. Refrigerate 18-24 hours, turning the bag and massaging briefly 2-3 times. Ready your cooking apparatus of choice. Remove the lamb from the bag, shake off the excess marinade (optional); grill, smoke or rotisserie till done to your liking.

Kevin

On edit: One thing I did not mention in the recipe is to remove the bag an hour or so before cooking. You can either let the bag sit on the counter or you can remove the meat and let the meat sit on a plate on the counter. Shake or scrape of excess marinade--or not--before cooking. The oil in the marinade will thicken when it gets cold. Because the marinade emulsifies pretty well when it is made, the flavors will be carried well by the oil. Thickening of this marinade is not a problem but do massage the meat through the bag in the beginning, then 2 or 3 more times over the course of marinating, for best results.

Id love to try this but I know myself...Id end up drinking my marinade.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back