New Performer on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

SHould be here in a few days.

This may be a silly question......but even though its all ceramic coated....Do you still need to "season" it?

I plan on doing one virgin burn anyway to get rid of all manufacturing residue.

I ordered the adapter hose so I can utilize the 20 pound cylinder.

I am also ordering the rotisserie. I just got off the phone with customer service at Weber ( Nice folks! ) and asked if they made it in blue to match the grill I ordered. They only make 3 colors. Light medium and dark BLACK!

Oh well, it was worht a shot.

Cant wait for this thing to get here. The reason I ordered it was .......I have a 1200 gas grill on my porch......ran out of propane, and used my "emergency backup" little cheapie charcoal grill for my meal one night. I forgot just how doggone good it tasted on charcoal. So......I now have all 5 of my 20 gallon tanks full...and I am waiting on my performer!

KingwoodKorner.com

Ray,

You're gonna love the performer! I got one off of Craig's List, brand new for just $150 a few weeks ago. Don't worry about seasoning it, it's not necessary. You're right, food cooked over wood is always better than gas. I still use my gasser sometimes for speed and convenience, but with the gas assist of the performer, I can be ready to grill pretty fast. Having the work table is also a nice benefit. Enjoy your new toy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> So......I now have all 5 of my 20 gallon tanks full...and I am waiting on my performer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have 100 pounds of LP around? Unless you stole the cylinders, you could probably have run an NG line to your porch
icon_smile.gif
And... Speaking of stealing cylinders... what's your address?
icon_wink.gif

I can predict your future... Once you get used to the performer, your next purchase will no doubt be a WSM - followed immediately by a Stoker
icon_smile.gif

OK.......its been a week and I have use it every night. Steaks come out perfect.

Tonight I had rib eyes,

grilled okra, carrots, and green onions.

Gawdddddddd it was good!

man o man, talk about a guy and his new toys !
icon_rolleyes.gif

you got yer work cut out for ya in learning how to use both. its gonna be a blast. do not get into the bad habit of using kingsford.

just about anything else. royal oak is a good all around brand. usually the lump can be found at wal mart. the briq can be had at major food stores or restaurant supply stores. lazzari lump is a very good choice also. not sure where you are located so maybe check localy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back