Weber Wok Questions

Mac

TVWBB Guru
I have a chance to buy the Aluminum Wok from Weber on clearance and would like to have some feedback on it. Pros and Cons are both welcome.
Thanks in Advance,

I have one and love it. It works very well. The only downside I found is that it is kind of hard to clean. I would definatly buy one, especially on clearance.

Wayne

Mac,with all the toys you have,just sell me one,any one, and get that gourmet system w enameled cast iron wok and griddle. Or do you already have it? That's my next purchase...Quite a collection you have.

The 'Aluminum' wok is actually stainless steel.

Unless they came out with another one I am not aware of.

This is a pic of my SS wok when new with box.

wok_0002.jpg

wok_0001.jpg

That's nice Tim! I almost bought one years ago and now wish I had. Mac, what kind of deal are you getting? I may want one. Thanks

Mac, I love this wok. It is too big to toss the fixins like you would do with a smaller wok. But the high heat that is obtained is incredible! BTW I got this on clearance also. At Ace for $20-25.

Mac,I stand corrected.I hope you got this.Way cooler than the new system. I just scored the old griddle w/ grate,and am now on the lookout for this.There's something special about their older products.Mine also came in the orig. box. The pic. w/ wooden handles on the grill made me buy it.

I received mine last Friday. Funny deal was that when I went to get it at the store, they had already sold it. (last one). Needless to say I was pretty bummed about it.
icon_frown.gif
We stopped by my Mother in-laws so she could give me my birthday gift.
Not so bummed after that.
icon_biggrin.gif
I plan to try it this week for sure.

Can anyone offer any recipes for this wok, or point me in the right direction? I got one of these many years ago and haven't used it much.

I bought a Weber wok recently and I wondered if it would ever get used, but it's turned out to be one of my most used accessories. The first time I used it I had some friends over and we did stir fry, and for dessert we used it to do banana fritters and deep fried chocolate
icon_smile.gif

-Mark.

Originally posted by Mark R-S:
I bought a Weber wok recently and I wondered if it would ever get used, but it's turned out to be one of my most used accessories. -Mark.
I couldn't agree more Mark. I've had mine for over a year now and probably have used it 20-25 times.

Two questions about this wok.

1- with the charcoal, do you do direct heat w/a single layer of coals? Or do you build a pile of coals under the center of the wok?
2-any recipe recommendations? I'm going to try fajitas this week in it.

Back