Thermopen quit working

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
Anyone have any experience with these when they break? I have had it for several years and no issues, and I feel that I have received good service from it. I just ordered a new one but I would like to know what else I can do to get my old one working again. I replaced the battery with a new one but it doesn't come on at all. Can I send it back for repair if I pay?

Email Thermoworks support, they are extremely helpful people. I think I found their email on their website.

Did you already order one? I know they had emailed some specials out about getting the wired BBQ probe free with a thermapen order.

I did order. The special I got had a timer included, I also got the refrigerator/freezer temp monitor to make sure my beer stays cold. I have been testing the old fashioned way too much lately :)

I had mine go on the fritz after about 10 months. They quickly replaced it per the warranty.

I'd be curious to hear what they can or will do for one that breaks after the warranty expires.

To ship it back in a box via UPS was about $16, but sending it regular mail in a padded envelope (no insurance or tracking available) reduced it to about $4. I went the cheap route, and it got there in 2 days, which was faster than the UPS was said to be.

I'm in the same boat. My themopen pen quit working in Sept. I think I will call their CS and inquire about a repair or replacement (on them of course).

Back