Basic grilled chicken, taters and green beans

Jim H.

TVWBB All-Star
Simple Thursday night dinner consisting of grilled BSCB's, baked potatoes and green beans. Mixed up a batch of chicken rub with a couple of different ingredients to try out. Asked the fam if they wanted this chicken sauced or not, but I decided not to sauce them this time. Turns out that it wasn't necessary, as these chicks were really tender and juicy, and the very basic rub I used complimented the chicken flavor without overpowering it. This rub's a keeper for sure.

Started half a chimney of KBlue and used one cherry wood chunk for flavor.

It's trying to be winter here, after we have gotten used to shirt sleeve weather and flowers and trees are beginning to bud out. Look at the temp from last night about 6:30pm.
0209121839.jpg

Before you cold weather folks start complaining about how we should be in shorts and whatnot, it is supposed to be in the teens this weekend, with highs in the low 30's. We are sympathetic to your deep freeze plight, but our cold doesn't come with much snow. I guess that's a good thing.

Here's the birds on the grill. I started them indirect for a few on a hot grate to get those grill marks that you people seem to be so fond of.
icon_biggrin.gif

0209121834.jpg

Checking the temps in the thick part. Getting there @ 135°, but not done yet. A few more minutes and they will be ready to eat. I pull them off the grill around 155° and let 'em rest for a few minutes under tented foil on the counter to finish up.
0209121838.jpg

Birds need a rest too. Makes 'em juicy throughout and gives a photo op too.
0209121847.jpg

Here's your plate. Cooked up some frozen green beans with a chunk of ham fat from Christmas. I cooked these taters in my Char-broil SRG infrared cooker because it makes excellent baked potatoes and it hasn't been getting much attention next to its two charcoal fired friends on the patio, so I decided to fire it up.
0209121851a.jpg

Thanks for lookin. Hope you are also grilling out these days even if it's cold.

You know, I'm never fooled by any of these so-called "basic" cooks anyone does here on this forum. They are always excellent. Yours is no exception Jim. Perfectly grilled chicken and delicious sides.

Back