1st post: Cheap n Easy WSM cart

Sandee McKinivan

TVWBB Member
After a full year of lurking and learning form youse guys on this site, this is my first post.
First, I'd like to give every member here a hearty THANK-YOU! for all the information. I wouldn't have bought a WSM and be on my 20th smoke now if it wasn't for this rip-snortin' site.
icon_cool.gif

This is my Cheap N Easy WSM cart. I used the wheelbase from an old office chair, cut a chunk of 1/2" plywood for the base. Drilled 1/4" holes thru the legs into the plywood, legs are bolted to the base, used wing nuts for quick, easy removal. This works great because it lifts the smoker up 18 inches, moving it is a snap, and best of all it only takes up about the same amount of floor space as the smoker itself.
Again, Thanx from Buffalo, NY for all your help! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
icon_biggrin.gif

Cheap N Easy wife with cart

Underside of base

OOPS
icon_redface.gif
That didn't come out right. good thing she doesn't use the computer.
Her pix is in there, but I can't figure how to post. Hosted by msnusers.com.
icon_confused.gif

Hi Sandee. Welcome to the board. Good to have another western New Yorker on here.
icon_cool.gif

There's a link near the top of the main forum page for help on posting pics. This link will take you there. If you like, you can send the pics to me and I'll post them up for you while you figure the pic posting thing out.

Bill

Sandee, I would have a bruise the size of a brinkman water pan if I made a slip like that one
icon_eek.gif
! That's too funny.

Is the base pretty stable? I know how a lot of chairs rock in all directions.

PAUL, it is very stable when sitting. I bolted a handle off of my trashed ECB to move it. It can roll over some pretty big driveway cracks, no prob pulling with one hand, other hand on top of the smoker. Mind you, I never move it DURING a smoke, only to take it out of the back of garage to the driveway.
I am an even worse hack with tools than I am with computers, so I needed to put something together way simple. That, plus I'm a cheap SOB.
icon_wink.gif

Now that is certainly unique.
Good thinking and good use of leftover pieces parts. Especially if you move your WSM around (as store it inside)
Looks lke it might be a little high? Does it roll around much when you're trying to load it?

NO, Paul, it doesn't move around unless you pull/push on it. It LOOKS tippy because of the height, but I can grab the plywood with both hands, try to tilt it as hard as I can and it will barely budge. When it was a real chair, I could sit on it & rock like any office chair, but it won't tilt now. Maybe if I took the WSM off & sat on it it would, but not now.
As far as the tipping over/stability, if it gets bumped, even bumped at the top,it just rolls. Compared to an average person, even a full WSM is pretty light.

Back