my find of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
went to kmart today. was shocked to see weber smokey joes for 10.00 . so i bought two. might give them to my brother inlaws if they are nice to me for christmas. also found two q carts for 13.00. bought both.
icon_smile.gif

Nice find on the Smokey Joe. I purchased one in 1985 and I'm positive that it cost more than $10.00 even back then. It lasted for 15 years, after being left out and never covered in Chicago area winters, until the legs finally rusted through. Its replacement is now 7 years old and looks great. Fantastic little grill.

yea, those things just chug along. i had an older one with the wire legs. had it a long time and it rusted through. i just used wide washers and gave it to my dad. he used it for a long time. i think it fineally gave out again and was tossed in a move. kinda sad and wish i still had it.

My dad has 2 Smokey Joes that he found left behind in camp grounds when the joint were the legs attached rusted out. He just sat them in metal milk crates (easy to come by back then - no so much now). They sit there now ready to use.

Great little grills.

Pat Smith
WSM
22 OTS x 2
Smokey Joe
CharBroil commercial gas (lookin for a used Weber)

I was waiting to see if Kmart would clear out the Weber stock, 2 - 18.5 OTS and 2 - 14.5 Smokey Joes. They had the 18.5 @ $33.00 and the SJS @ $19.00. I went in after reading your post, the 18.5 were $19.00 and the SJS were $10.00. I bought both 18.5's and there was only one SJS left, so I got that. Total was $48.00, I also had a $10.00 off coupon, I walked out with all three grills for $42.00. Not to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back