weber poultry roaster

J Rector

TVWBB Super Fan
HelloEveryone

I just used my fancy weber roaster(beercanchicken)holder and it works great. Nicely made easy assembly and carrying when loaded. Cleanup was also a breeze.I got tired of the cheaper ones that don't seem to last and broke down and bought a real cooking tool.I would highly recommend this product.

Seeeuuuu
Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the review. I didn't realize that they made a chicken sitter. It looks nice and sturdy, and their idea of inserting a stopper in the chicken's neck to hold in the steam makes a lot of sense.

I watched the video on the Weber site. Did you also dismember your cooked chicken without touching it with your hands? I'm going to have to try that!

Rita

Hey Rita

No i just reached in and cleaned everything out then rinsed and dried. the roaster is a little expensive but i think it will be around a while.I've had trouble down here in Fl with the cheaper chicken stands rusting.
I also like the stopper for the topit works a whole lot better than a wedge of lemon or something else.

Seeeuuu
Jeff

$35!!! I bought simple wire ones that were under $3 a piece that are nice and sturdy. I'm sure its nice and all, but I can think of better ways to spend the extra $32 dollars.

As far as rusting, you can buy 11 wire ones. I've used mine a few times and they haven't rusted yet.

I just ordered the weber roaster yesterday. I felt the same way about the price but the $3 for me only lasts about 10 cooks or so. They do start to rust after that and I have had at least 5 or 6 the welds break apart and it falls apart all together. I have bought probably 20 of them in the last couple years so I hope the weber will last longer for me. If you didn't notice this chicken is my favorite, I average 3 or 4 a week at wokr and at home.

Hey Jon

not trying to argue with you Jon but if you have a lot of pools around you they will cause you trouble because of the chlorine evaporation that takes place. A customer service rep told me this once in areas where there are a lot of pools they replace a lot a grates due to mysterious rusting.I like having nice things to cook with that will not fail me.Besides that I dont like the possibiltie of ingesting any advertising they may comeoff the can.

Seeuu
Jeff

Hey Randy
You'll love this thing once you get. You'll be cooking chicken even more often.I usaully use one of the small injectors and treat them like a turkey .That way your not stuck with whats in the can. I usually strain the marinade for the spices , inject it and then put the spices up under the skin.

seeeuuuu
Jeff

How do you use the chicken beer holder on the performer.Is it hard to hold that 350 temp on the kettle.Had about 6 good cooks with ribs and ready to try chicken.Can you find the weber chicken holder at Home Depot? thanks Mike

Hey Mike,

As of late, they have been marked down to $15 at both Home Depot and Dixieline lumber (Dixieline may be local to SoCal). I ended up buying about 7 total and gave away a 3, so I still have 4 I think. They work great, and Weber will replace anything that goes wrong. One of the pieces that goes inside the bottom of the chicken was dented, so they sent me another no charge.

I have done 1 or 2 chickens at the same time using the indirect method with char baskets, and I can hold 350F for a long time without replinishing. Most 4-5 pound chickens take about 1.25-1.50 hours (whether you are cooking 1 or 2 chickens).

I highly recommend the purchase especially if you can find them for $15 like I did.

I've had one now for a little over a year - I've used it on the grill and in the oven and I love it! I caught it on sale at lowes for $20. Best investment yet!

I don't remember how much we paid for it, but I've been user one of these teflon-coated weber things for years. we love it and experiment with different liquids in the well and the catch pan. hard to beat a dark beer, but if you want something lighter try a reisling or gewurtztraminer (SP?).

Hands-down my favorite way to cook chicken is on a Weber "Poultry Infuser" - it's easy, and it tastes amazing.

Seriously, for cooking, you just prop it up and leave it for 1 1/2 hours and then pull it off (check the temp first, of course).

Home Depot is blowing them out for $15. I almost bought a second one.

Adrian - did your Home Depot have one in stock when you went to get one?

I've not been very impressed with my local Home Depot's grilling section. They do stock a lot of weber accessories, which I love, but they are not too knowledgeable about anything. (They have had a Weber One Touch Gold floor display model incorrectly labeled as a One Touch Silver with an $85 price tag for about six months now - I am half tempted to just say "Ok, I'll take this One Touch Silver, but I want the floor model." except they would charge me for the 'assembly' they did to it)

I was looking there for a certain accessory a while ago, and I couldn't see it anywhere on the shelves so I started looking up high. I have internet on my phone, so I started running the weber part numbers on the side of the boxes I could see and figuring out what they had stored up top. I noticed they had a poultry roaster up there, so I later went back and had to get someone to go up there and get it for me. When I went to go check out, it was only $15 - which blew me away. They had a product on clearance that they were hiding on the top shelf.

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them - they sell grills, but it's not exactly their core competency.

In any case, if you can't find one at your local one, look high. If you can't see one, have someone go check up on the very top of their grilling area store shelves. Maybe your Home Depot is run by the same monkey as mine.

good suggestion!! I'll try that. Obviously I didn't find one at the HD I went to and it was one of the bigger ones in the area. I'll try again.

Yndio

I have had a Weber poultry roaster for over 30 years - and have no rust on it. I also love the ease with which I can take the poultry off the grill - just lift up the raoster and put it in a broiler pan and take it in the house to rest.

Ray

I just found one at Sears tucked behind some other merchandice. It appears it was the only one. When the guy rang it up I expected to see $30... instead it rang up for $8.37 after taxes... YMMV

These were also on clearance at alot of places during the winter time for around $13-15 bucks. I was able to get one and a friend gave me another. They work great and are super easy to clean.

Back