Talk about a hot grill!

Al Silverman

TVWBB Pro
Hi All,

I just recently re-furbed a Genesis Silver "B" gas grill. It was given to me by a friend who found it behind a hardware store near his house. It was in very good shape. I changed the regular stuff new flavorizer bars PCI grates etc. I fired it up and it seemed to be running on the hot side, so I hooked up a calibrated Fluke thermocouple and took a few readings. Well with all three burners on high I'm reading 810°!! With one burner on low I'm reading 300°.

I'm using propane for fuel and was wondering if this thing might have a NG manifold. It came with the propane regulator and quick threaded connector attached. Anyone have any other ideas as to how or why this beast runs so hot???

Thanks

Al

Try plunking in the model or serial number here, it should tell you what it was to start with.

Then check the manifold for a part number and using the same website you should be able to figure out if the manifold is for NG or LP.

I think the NG manifold could explain it, the holes that allow gas through are larger for NG.

It could be your LP regulator needs to be replaced. If you have an LP manifold take a new hose & regulator home and try them out, get them from a place that will allow you to return them if you don't need them.

Other than those things about the only thing left is the valves themselves ... try a new manifold?

Back