DigiQ II

That's odd because I have called the BBQ guru and gotten someone each time. I suggest you give them another call on monday. In my opinion, their customer service is top-notch. Now they did have an issue with their website but has since then gotten that corrected. If you still can not get any help, give me a call and I can see if I can get ahold of Bob myself for you. PS. I don't work for the BBQ Guru but I know their product is one of the best ones out there. Thanks Buster Davis, augusta GA. 706-691-3299. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert D Wise:
Only after the 2nd cook, my pit temp probe broke, now I question their product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let me guess. You pulled on the wire intsead of the metal part and know you have something that looks like this?
icon_eek.gif

Guru001.jpg

Well all you have to do is twist the wires and push it back in there and remember not to pull on the wire to take the pit temp clip apart, pull on the metal parts. That happened to mine about 2.5 years ago, still using it today.
icon_wink.gif

Guru002.jpg

That just seems so different from my positive experience as late as last week with them.

I bought a DigiQ-II at christmas time used it quite a number of time and had no problem with the probe. (I do prefer the maverick ET-73 mount for the smoker temp probe though)

I've had multiple interactions with their customer service department from questions to a request for additional eyelets. They offered to send me out an extra set for another WSM and even did it at their expense.

Not taking anything away from your experience but it is very different from the positive experience and good customer service I have recieved from them. I just called them last week regarding something and got through on my first call and to a live person.

Hang in there its a great product. I've used it in blizzard conditions with extremely cold below zero conditons as well as numerous times this summer. It has added to my sleep when BBQing and even means I don't have to sleep in the guest room when Q'ing overnight (because of the elbow I'd get if I didnt hear the Maverick ET-73 beep first-lol)

I really can't say enough about the quality customer service I've received from the BBQ Guru people. I have (2) Digi-Q II's and just recently sold my Pitminder to someone on this forum. They have always been very helpful. I really don't think that this forum should be used to bash suppliers.

MikeZ

I'm very much on the fence between them and a competitor, but I do have to say that the one time I called them to ask them a set of inane questions I got right through and found them very helpful.

That's an altogether different thing from tech support / RMA support, but it was a good sign nonetheless. When I called they were having website issues and were rather frantic; yet I still got through. Maybe it was an isolated case for you, and in general you have to call rather than use that new-fangled e-letter stuff.

Back