Raspberry Sauce

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
This sauce goes with the White Chocolate Mousse in Chcoclate Scallop Shells recipes that I'll post separately.

Raspberry Sauce

2 10 oz. packages frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
1/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
1 TBSP Chambord or Kirsch liqueur

Puree raspberries in food processor or blender until smooth. Pass puree through a sieve fine enough to trap seeds, working puree with the back of large spoon or spatula.

Combine puree, jam and liqueur in small nonreactive saucepan. Cook over low heat until mixture simmers; simmering 3 to 4 minutes until mixture becomes shiny. Refrigerate covered until well chilled, 1 to 2 hours; serve cold.

Wow, couldn't be any easier! If by chance an objection to the liqueur is raised, I know the alcohol will evaportate, but if there is an objection, what would be a suitable substitute? Maybe a quality fruit juice that has been slightly reduced?

Paul - I suspect you can leave it out without noticing, or perhaps use vanilla ... but vanilla may have more alcohol than the liqueur.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRPfeff:
Paul - I suspect you can leave it out without noticing, or perhaps use vanilla ... but vanilla may have more alcohol than the liqueur.

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As suspected,

Chambord 16.5%
Vanilla Extract 35% (70 proof!!!)

Paul - Use the Chambord and don't worry about it.

Jim

I going to make this and add a habanero. I had a simple dessert at a restaurant which served a raspberry habanero sauce over ice cream. What a crazy taste sensation. It was awesome!

Back