How did YOU find this site? *****

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Well crossed my mind after reading mk evenson´s thread.

And John Henderson´s - "I don't even remember exactly how I came to this site." comment.

I found it while searching for info about BBQ,and after the find it´s been the NO:1 site ever since.

I was recomended this site by the Swedish WEBER custom service after i got my wsm(already a member @ the time)

But i wanna know if you,like me just by accident found this site or if your friends shown you this site and so on.

(Btw Chris Allingham YOU are doing a great jobb with this site)

Over and out!

I found this site by our friends @ Google(< click me) as I had been looking at WSM's and info on them.

Since i found this site I can't get enough of this place! Great job Chris!
icon_biggrin.gif

I only wish I could remember? But the years are catching up to me and distant memories are fading like the evening sky. Now where did I put my glasses?

After I decided to purchase a WSM I found this site. It is recommended all over the web. Could have been Google, my search engine of choice. One thing I know for sure, I am glad I found it no matter how it happened!

Mark

I got my WSM as an award from work,and was doing research about it when I stumbled onto this site from an about.com site. Haven't looked back since!

Good idea, Wolfgast! (And, BTW, is that your actual name or an alias?)

I had TVWB recommended right after I bought my WSM. Ya'll immediately became my goto team! I had actually stumbled on TVWB a little earlier, but was getting heavily involved at The BBQ Source, so just noted this link for reference. I'm now pretty well engaged here and check EVERYTHING here regardless of what I find elsewhere.

Rich

I did a Google search for smokers because I wasn't sure which one to get. This was one of the first sites to come up. Almost immediately, I decided on the WSM. I checked out other sites and smokers, but I kept ending up back here. As Phil said, I haven't looked back since!

Mike

When our daughter came along 4 years ago we found that we were staying in a lot more (meaning never going out ever). Our social life on hold, I started to do more and more elaborate things on the gas grill at home. For my first Father's Day my wife got me 3 grilling cookbooks, 2 from Raichlen and one From Weber. Most every recipe was geared for cooking over charcoal but "could be done on a gas grill". I soon bought a OTG to try the recipes out "the right way". Having very poor results I started researching how to grill on a Weber kettle on the net and found this site. A sold gas grill, a WSM, a Performer and an all consuming addiction later, here I am...

I too researched many BBQ sites on the internet and found this site.

Funny, way back (about 8 or so years ago) I thought the best smokers were the "offset bbqs" because that was what a lot of the commercial type places/real BBQ places were using (and the WSM looked, well, funny/not a man's smoker). Boy was I mistaken.

I got the WSM though because I lived in a condo and had no room for the offset. Thought it would hold me over till I had space for the offset. Best sorta accidental decision I ever made. Because of this site I'm getting better with every cook and would never change out the WSM for any reason. Thanks again Chris.

Originally posted by RichPB (richlife):
Good idea, Wolfgast! (And, BTW, is that your actual name or an alias?)
I'm certain Daniel spells his name WOLGAST (minus the F)
icon_wink.gif

Believe it or not, I found this place on a lawncare forum. I was a frequent poster there, and many of us would talk in the "off topic" area about the things we grilled or smoked (after all, yard work and grilling/smoking go hand in hand). When I decided I wanted a smoker, I asked there first what people recommended. I got several recommendations, one of which was the WSM, along with a plug for this site. A couple weeks later, my WSM arrived and shortly after that, I was hooked on the cooker, and the site.

I was searching the internet trying to find the best smoker for the money. Got turned on to the WSM and from there found this site. Lurked for two years or so, got my WSM and had to join up! Not only did I find the best smoker for the money, but the best bbq site on the net. Period. Thanks Chris for all you do!
icon_cool.gif

Was researching the WSM,and lurked on here for a few weeks.Then told my bride i'm gonna get me one of those one day soon-next thing i know she had one ordered for me for a birthday present.i also think this is the best bbq website on the net.Thank you Chris,and all the fine folks who contribute.Richard

I used to lurk and post at the BBQ Forum. Bought me a Klose offset (small one), and struggled mightily to get anything I liked off of it. Lots of WSM die hards over on that forum (along with the towable stick burner crowd), and one of them eventually mentioned TVWBB. So, I headed over, and all the info here improved my skills greatly as I still struggled with the offset, and when I built my Franken-bullet (kettle with modd'd rottiesserie ring to make an XL WSM....there wasn't a 22" option then!) Eventually, I saw the light, and got a bullet (the day after one of the leg welds snapped off my XL WSM....while I was cooking....at 5a.....at a competition!)
icon_smile.gif

Met my first cooking partner here (Rocket Man - Rick Jones), we buddied up with another old timer, Henry Joe Peterson....and got to converse with the likes of Jim Minion, and hung out with him a bit at a competition in Tahoe, too.

Been a great ride Chris, thanks!

R

Whelp.. i was project engineer at weber and we were brainstorming ideas for products. the WSM was static for so long. Someone said "hey.. a lot of people are doing this modifications, it's like acult classic.. ".

then i was just lurking, culling info, trying out a lot of the methods and suggestions here. from there i develpoed the newer 18, the 22, the 26, a few other misc things.

after i parted ways with weber, chris asked if i would do the Q&A forum so then i was "public".

My good buddy Dave from Massachusetts turned me on to the site about 4 years ago. Easily has been my most used site since!!!!

Thanks Chris!

As a total newbie the way I found this site was when I was on Youtube searching info on ways to smoke different things and came across the videos for the WSM

I had bought another smoker. It was similar to a Brinkman. In searching for cooking ideas and help, I came across this site. I was so impressed with the information, I went out and bought a WSM. So, for me, this site pre-dated my WSM ownership.

The other smoker ended up in the dump - seriously.

Rich: Its like Jim said without an F. Took my wifes last name when we married. Its not a common name around here(from germany i guess).

Think there is a town in germany called Wolgast.

Dont really know why some ppl here started to write Wolfgast
icon_wink.gif

Back