First Craigslist find of the new season

Bill Freiberger

TVWBB All-Star
I just picked up a Weber Q 220 for $75. It also came with the 38100 Cart (and the hose to use the grill with large propane tanks), a cover and a half full 20 lb propane tank. It seemed like a pretty good deal.

Bill

I'm pretty happy. I just looked up on Amazon what this set up costs new -- $338. And that doesn't even include the half full propane tank. Craigslist is a blessing... and a curse.

Bill

And excellent price on a great little grill.

Check out Phil Hartcher's posts in the Weber Q forum - he knows how to make the Q do about everything you can think of except turn backflips.

I've been cooking on mine once a week (of the three nights or so a week I grill) and I enjoy and appreciate it more each time I cook on it.

Pat

Thanks for the compliment Pat - yes it is hard to get the Q to do a backflip.
Here is a photo of a quick grill of Sausages and Lamb steaks from anoter post. The important part of grilling on the Q is preheat for 10 minutes, lightly brush with oil and season well with salt. Lid down for all cooking. You just cant go wrong.
In America I notice that you have problems with gas regulators so make sure you turn the reg on slowly and all the way.
Sausages and Lamb Steaks

Regards

Bill -

This is a great grill. I found one on craigslist for around the same price with a full size tank, hose and stand. (no cover though)

Two things I can add:

1. Use aluminum foil on the drip pan so you do not have to spend lots of $ on those little pans.

2. What Phil said with the regulators. Here is how I light mine:
a- Tank off / knob off
b- turn tank on slowly
c- once open all the - turn grill on while hitting the ignitor.

It should light and give off a nice blue flame (1/2 inch high/1.25 cm) all around the burner. If it looks real low, most likely you turned the grill on too fast. Try restarting it again.

Last thing, it does seem to get dirtier more quickly than my charcoal grills.

Bob,

I was having trouble with low heat using the tank. I called Weber customer service and got the following information. The way you do it is the way that Weber used to recommend. Now they have a slightly different procedure. They suggest that you start with the tank off and the knob off. Turn the tank on (speed doesn't matter) and then leave for two minutes. After two minutes, turn the knob on and hit then hit the ignitor. The reasoning is that the hose needs to completely fill with gas before turning the knob. The old method of turning the tank on slowly inadvertently allowed the hose to fill, thus achieving the same end result.

Bill

I got mine from eBay for about $75, which came w/ the cart. Although I prefer the taste of charcoal grilling, the Q is extremely convenient

Although this isn't a Weber grill, it's my second Craigslist find this season.

It's a propane skillet that runs on the small tanks. It's in great condition and I paid only 15 bucks for it. Looks like I'll be cooking bacon and eggs outdoors in the near future.

Bill

Back