Brinkman pan to small

Dupree

TVWBB Fan
So I bought the brinkman pan, thought I followed a link off these pages....but apparently I did something wrong b/c the diameter of the pan was to small so it doesn't actually sit on the staps.....

Bass Pro sells two different Brinkmann Charcoal Pans -- You needed the larger one.

Doug's link is to the correct one. The other one, on the top right of that page and which costs $4.99, is the smaller one which appears to be the one you have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dupree:
So I bought the brinkman pan, thought I followed a link off these pages....but apparently I did something wrong b/c the diameter of the pan was to small so it doesn't actually sit on the staps..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered the same one
icon_frown.gif
but it hasn't arrived yet. I guess I'll have to send it back
icon_frown.gif

How much smaller is the pan you bought? Just an idea here but maybe you can stick it inside the larger one for a piedmont pan.

I also ordered the Brinkman from Bass Pro and got the smaller one. I took some pliers and bent the straps out away from the body of the smoker and it barely fits. I saw some pictures here once on the site that showed someone that attached some metal piece to the end of the straps for the needed extension. I will try that with the next smoke.

I did the same thing, and was going to send it back but it was almost more with shipping..my dog uses it as a water bowl now.

Back