Vacuum packer

Pat Barnes

TVWBB Pro
Hadn't seen anyone mention the Reynolds Handi-Vac. Really a good piece of equipment. The abgs are re-closable so they are perfect for things that are re-used. We keep all of our cheeses in them. Open,slice the cheese,re-close and vacuum.
Had a piece of expensive($18/lb)cheese last for months.

I have one and like it very much. Works well and the price is right. Found the starter kit on sale for like 5-6 bucks. Meat freezes very well and leftover pp stays very tasty. I also use it to marinade things.

Mark,
Thanks for the tip! DUH!! Never thought of that. I am surprised at how easy it is on batteries. I was worried that it takes 6 and would be an eater.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Barnes:
I am surprised at how easy it is on batteries. I was worried that it takes 6 and would be an eater. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep some extra batteries around because mine gave very little warning when the batteries were low. It ran great, then all of a sudden: chug, chug, chuuuuuuuuug. No more suction.

I do like it, but I check my more important items (ribs) once a week or so. Occasionally I'll find a bag that was tightly vacuum packed now has some air.
To be safe, I double bag the important stuff that will be frozen for more than a month.

Brad,
For long-term storage I still rely on my Foodsaver. Thanks for the tip about the batteries. There are soooo many things in hte house that take batteries-remote controls,mouses,digital cameras,etc. that one has to have a stash of extras. I use rechargables for the mouse on my desktop and laptops. They tend to eat batteries.

Back