Waring Pro Slicer FS150

tjkoko

TVWBB All-Star
The unit is built using a 130 watt motor and a 7 inch blade. Although the unit wouldn't be found in a professional setting, has anyone experience with the unit?

Despite the smaller carriage, slicing bacon can be achieved by using a workaround: cutting the slab in half lengthwise and then proceeding to slice it and getting 5 or 6 inch slices as a result. I'd use this unit around once a month to slice a 4 or 5 pound slab. And btw the instructions recommend running the motor for not more than 10 minutes at a stretch which is fine with me.

Again, does anyone out there have experience with this unit as I may exchange it for something else even though it was received as a gift.

I have that model but didn't care for it much after a few uses. Slow cutting and being a royal PITA to clean along with it only having a 7.5" blade forced me to get something bigger. This one is easier to clean (but not that much), but it's size and ease of use make it a winner for me.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Despite the smaller carriage, slicing bacon can be achieved by using a workaround: cutting the slab in half lengthwise and then proceeding to slice it and getting 5 or 6 inch slices as a result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's pretty much what you have to do regardless of your slicer.

I purchased one and recommend something else. The motor sounds like its in and bind and the blade doesn't turn fast enough. I sent mine back for a refund. Or course I may have purchased a bad bird out of the flock but i would suggest that you buy another model slicer.

Perusing craigslist, there seems to be a ton of slicers for sale including Globe and Berkel brands.

I encourage you to look for a better slicer. I picked up a used Globe GC12 for $40 a month ago. It was in good shape and runs well. This past weekend I helped a group serve over 500 people. I used the slicer to slice 9 cases of boneless turkey (9-12 lbs per case). No problems at all.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
I have that model but didn't care for it much after a few uses. Slow cutting and being a royal PITA to clean along with it only having a 7.5" blade forced me to get something bigger. This one is easier to clean (but not that much), but it's size and ease of use make it a winner for me.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with Bill. Look for another one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Where in blazes did you get it for so cheap? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just one of those in the right place at the right time things. I was down in the Galveston area doing some demo work on a storm damaged house. Met a guy whose family had owned restaurants there for years and he bought and sold these things as a hobby. Wasn't looking to make any money on the deal evidently...
icon_biggrin.gif

Back