Weber Q - Chronological Model Release Dates?

Billy C

First off, hello to everyone. This is my first post, I'm new to this board, but not new to bbqing.

First started reading this board when I bought my WSM 18.5 two summers ago. Anyways...

Spring-Fall I grill pretty much every day. Out of sheer convenience I would usually use my thermos gasser, only firing up the charcoal kettle about once a week when I had the time, or WSM for a special occasion. My gasser broke last year (needed a new regulator), when I went to replace it parts started disintegrating due to rust....so I began my search for a weber Q, something I've wanted for a while. I found a post here on CL Chicago of someone selling a Q, with stand, cover, and utensils for 125. She doesn't know the model number but says it's 3 years old and works perfectly. The way I see it regardless of what model it is it it's still a steal....is there anywhere where I could find a chronological breakdown of when the q's were released, and what generations? I've searched the net and couldn't find anything like it. I'm gonna buy the grill regardless assuming it works, just curious if anyone out there had the info...

Looking forward to futures posts...thanks!

you can get the manufacture date from the grill. I am not certain where the date code is on the gas Models. I have a (red) 3220 and a Char-Q . Iam not aware of a chronological list but Weber customer service may be able to help.

You are really going to enjoy your Q, regardless of the model!

Pat

my advice is to buy it if it is a q300 or q320. if it is a q220 it should be in really good shape to pay 125. hopefully it is at least the 220.

this is just my opinion and maybe it is because a ton of q's pop up on cl in my area for dirt cheap.

but again, like pat says, regardless of model you will love it! and welcome to the posting side of the board!

I bought it...it's a Q200 (was hoping for 220), but came with rolling stand, adapter, cover, NICE set of grilling tools, and a half full 20lb propane tank. Grills in great condition, so I think it's a steal.

Not too many Q's on CL here in chicago, and when they appear, they're usually gone FAST (I know cause i've been lookin for about 2 months now).

I know someone prob touched down on this in another thread, but I wanna give this grill a nice deep clean (obv excluding the grate), does anyone have a preference for a grill degreaser/process?

congrats on the purchase! you did get a lot of extras with it.

i use greased lightning or any cleaner like 409, a pair of rubber gloves, 0000 grade steel wool, and a good hose down afterwards usually does the trick for me.

if the inside has a lot of gunk, you can try some degreaser or oven cleaner and try to scrape it out with a hard plastic spatula. take
out the burner to make it easier and you can look inside it to make sure it is clean of bugs.

here is some more info from the master, Phil, and other members:
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...=343101331#343101331

I got a real steal from cl last year a 200 for $20 and it was in really good shape but missing the catch pan. I bought the catch pan and added the thermometer from the 220 (really easy just drill one hole and it is done). I am like all the others this grill is really amazing as to how it will cook. I cleaned the inside with ezoff oven cleaner and it was pristine. can't say it is still like that.. Yesterday I cooked 5 racks of ribs on my bullet and fired up the q to cook the trimmings and it worked great.

Back