2wo nights. 2wo dinners.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wednesday day night was pulled pork "grab me and eet me" night.
Four small pieces of pork shoulder seasoned with Penzey's BBQ3000 and smoked with hickory.
DSCN8171.JPG

DSCN8172.JPG

One large Red Garnet sweet potato peeled and sliced then seasoned with EVOO and turbinado and a touch of cayenne...
placed cut-side down in a CIS with a small pat of Wisconsin butter underside.
icon_wink.gif

DSCN8175.JPG

After 3+ hours at 275º+, the pork hit my desired internal temp of 200ºF.
DSCN8177.JPG

DSCN8178.JPG

Removed, foiled and tossed into a 200º oven for 30 minutes. Then shredded...
DSCN8182.JPG

DSCN8186.JPG

...and plated into tightwad sandwiches.
DSCN8188.JPG

I used Stubb's BBQ Baste Moppin' sauce<span class="ev_code_GREY">OUTSTANDING STUFF!</span>on the pulled pork, Great Slaw on side of the RGYams and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
That Was One AWESOME Dinner!
Leftover pulled pork was a late night (after bowling) snack Thursday night in toasted tortillas with cheeses & salsa.

Friday night we grilled breaded pork chops.
DSCN8218.JPG

B1G ol' chops, dredged in olive oil then plopped in Panko seasoned with Penzey's Northwoods Fire and Galena Street.
...and it was cold out tonight. Butt who really cares...?
icon_rolleyes.gif

DSCN8217.JPG

The chops were direct about 3 minutes each side then four or so minutes indirect each side... until they hit 140º inside.
DSCN8219.JPG

Once the desired temp was achieved, they were removed from the grill, tent foiled and rested momentarily then served with steamed 'gus and CISbaked Yukons.
DSCN8224.JPG

DSCN8227.JPG

The chops were SuperDuper juicy and B1Gtime flavourful! Fantastic Taste! I ?ed'um, and I wanted more!
The breaded part of the chops worked great on the grill.
Why settle for stovetop breaded chops or oven "fried" when your Weber Kettle does it just as well, if not better.
After all, you get to stand outside in fresh air freezin' your tush drinkin' a brew or two
smiley-eatdrink001.gif

Thanks for the visit! Farvel! Hyvästi! Snakkes! Ciao! Auf Wiedersehen! Sayonara! and Hejdå!

Great looking meals! Today (Saturday)its going to be even colder...more reason to smoke...enjoy your weekend!

As always. a cook/photographer extraordinaire. Question. How would you describe the flavor of Stubbs Mopping Sauce? Looking for a finishing sauce with just a hint of vinegar and some sweetness. Tried the # 5 sauce from the recipe forum but way too much vinegar taste for our buds

Fantastic idea on the pulled pork Jim! Never thought to smoke/cook any pork shoulder smaller than the whole thing, which takes a long time as you know. One question - why in the oven for 30 minutes after you already got them to 200°? Shouldn't they be close to pullin' ready @ 200° with only a little F-T-C and rest?

icon_eek.gif
Wow you really outdid yourself this time Jim!! I love it all - the chops, the Yams, the PP - all of it. I'd also like to hear more about the flavor of the Stubbs baste/mop. I've used Stubb's pork marinade before with great results. The chicken one I didn't like quite as well.

I love the way you seasoned and cooked the sweet potato. I've now gotta try that. Also like the pulled pork idea. The plated pic's look DEEEEElish.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Farvel! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he used to play for the Packer's didn't he? That is some nice Cheesehead cooking right there Jim

As always everything looks awesome Jim. Great idea with the breaded pork chops on the grill. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks!

Thank you all for your very kind comments, i appreciate them all!
icon_smile.gif

Scotty, the moppin' sauce by Stubbs is a very tasty vinegar base... I like it alot! I think you should try it
smiley-happy119.gif

Jim, i tossed the foiled butts in the low degree oven because I did not have a dry cooler available at the time. I usually place the cooked butt in a dry cooler for at least an hour before pulling.
I figured a low temp oven would do the same as a cooler. And I usually let my butts cook until an internal temp of 200 - 205ºF.
Russ, Stubb's... all of it (or nearly all of it) are favourites in this house. Right now, I have chicken soakin' in Stubb's Chicken Marinade for Sunday's Dinner.
I thank you all again for your nice words
chin.gif

That must have been a great meal! Makes to to the freezer and take some Pulled Pork
icon_smile.gif

Those chops look awesome too!

Man I'm diggin' pulled pork in 3+ hrs.!
And I love a crust on my chops!
I'd be diggin' into both dinners with both elbows flying!

Beautiful cookin' Jim!

Nice!!!

You Midwestern guys are really braving the weather to get you grill on!! Its threatening to rain here and we made different plans for dinner because of it. Yes I have grown soft living in SoCal.

Back