1st & 2nd cook on WSM

Mark Heer

Well i did a burnout last night to season and was amazed that 18 hours later the temp was still at 150. Thats amazing to me. Today i cooked a tri tip and it came out really good and moist ,nice smoke ring & a little bark. Then this evening i cooked chicken cut in half and another tri tip at the same time. That also came out very moist and tender. I foiled the empty waterpan & cooked solid at 275 for roughly 2 hours.I am amazed how easy the WSM unit is to cook on. Dont get me wrong i have a long way to go with the biggest test to come for me with brisket & butts. I would truely be lost if i had not taken the Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Class.Im only 2 cooks deep but i already love this thing!

No need to fear the brisket, Mark. As you are learning, it's all pretty straightforward on the Bullet.

Sounds like you have really got the hang of it.
You learned quick about wrapping the water pan,sure makes for easy clean up.Just make sure after you wrap it you put another layer of foil with a dip in it to catch the drippins.After the cook just pull the foil and trash it.

Back