Grill cleaning

Trevor

Does anyone on here ever take their grill bars off and scrub them with hot soapy water, or just givem them a good scrub with the Weber wire brush after heating it up to use? I only ever give the bars a clean down after use and then again once I have heated to cook on. I found that when I put some snapper fillets on last night, they had a bit of a dirty appearance on them once cooked. I ended up cooking the second batch in foil on the grill with a little butter and lemon juice.

Just wondering as to others cleaning methods?

cheers trevor

Hi Trevor,

I have the baby Q120 and use it at least 4 times a week and it can get a bit greasy and even wire brushes can't get everything off between the grill bars and the grease also likes to hang down under the grill grates as well.

I generally take the grill bars out every 3 months or so and give them a good clean up as well as the inside of the little Q and inside the lid which can get very greasy as well.

I give it a good coat with a citrus based degreaser and leave it on for a few hours then give it a good hit with a high pressure water cleaner i have at home.That really gets all that gunk out from between the bars and i always clean the grill underneath as well.

Inside the chamber under the grill gets a good scrape out with a plastic spatula and a good blast with the water pressure cleaner and the lid cops the same teatment as well.

leave it out in the sun for an hour or so to dry and put it back together and you're ready for your next cooking.

Make sure you start it after you put it back together so to make sure the gas tube are clear & dry from any water that might've entered.Even if a few holes lit up, they'll all eventually light up once the water has evaporated.

The bars on the Q won't go rusty but it probably wouldn't hurt to give it a light coating of oil.

If you don't have a high pressure cleaner at home, you can use a hose with a high pressure nozzle but you might be wise to invest in a small 1500psi cleaner as it'll make life easier.

Cheers

Davo

Back