1st true BBQ comp with my SRG's

Tommy B (TMB)

These are pictures of a BBQ comp I was in with two really good friends. I put my SRG's up against real smokers, Big Green Eggs and pull behind type smokers. I took 2nd in chicken, 6th in ribs and 7th in pulled pork, that's 4th over all finish for the TMB Big Easy Grilling Team.
LocustGroveComp173.jpg

LocustGroveComp128.jpg

LocustGroveComp144.jpg

Comp.jpg

Congrats, Tommy. Everything looks great! Where did you find a competition that allowed gas?

This was a local BBQ comp put on by a church using KCBS rules for backyard cooking so gas was aloud in this comp. But this year they went for the full KCBS rules where no gas or eletric is aloud. Now this is the reason I'm looking into the WSM cooker.

c'mon over to the dark side Tommy!
icon_biggrin.gif

WSM's are great, and can make que as good as much more expensive smokers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim H.:
icon_biggrin.gif

WSM's are great, and can make que as good as much more expensive smokers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well I'm at the Char-Side now so the Dark Side ain't far far away!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy B (TMB):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim H.:
icon_biggrin.gif

WSM's are great, and can make que as good as much more expensive smokers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well I'm at the Char-Side now so the Dark Side ain't far far away!
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Resistance is "Futile".
icon_biggrin.gif

Back