Weber 32914 Saucing System

Hi Rich,

I haven't tried it, but just looked at it through your link. Looks like it might work but with the cup being plastic, couldn't leave it on the smoker to keep warm. Wallyworld has a nice big metal cup, with silicon brush, for around $5...just saw them in the clearance isle tonight.

I bought the weber saucing system just because I needed to get my order over 25 bucks for free shipping when i ordered the Paul Kirk cookbook. Its nice and all, the cup has notches so the brush rests in it securely and the sauce runs back into the cup. My only prob is that is says its not safe for the microwave(the cup, obviously not the brush). I like to warm up my sauces sometimes, but i think it was only like $12 so oh well. Lodge makes a cast iron sauce pot with silicone brush that i think i would have gotten instead. I do like having things that say weber on them though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... My only prob is that is says its not safe for the microwave. ... Lodge makes a cast iron sauce pot with silicone brush that i think i would have gotten instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably already know this - but the loge cast iron one is even less microwave safe than the weber plastic one.
icon_smile.gif

yeah i know, it was an impulse buy. I'd rather heat it on the grill with the cast iron though. Of course, the weber saucing systems doesnt say its not grill safe...

I just received this item yesterday and only bought it cause it looked "cool". I'll be trying it out this weekend.

Back