Smoked Salmon Wraps w/Creamy Dill Dip

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Found this recipe that Konrad Haskins sent me buried in my e-mail intray. I had hoped to feature this recipe on the Web site, but not sure when I'll get around to that, so I'll post it here in the meantime.

Regards,
Chris

-------------------------
Smoked Salmon Wraps
Konrad Haskins, March 30, 2003

Marinate salmon for 2 to 12 hours in one cup each: brown sugar, Tamari (soy sauce is not a good substitute) and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Rolling the lemons under the palm of your hand gets more juice when you squeeze. I always find Tamari in bottles at health food co-ops all over the country.

I like fresh wild salmon skin-on filets, but have had good results with fresh farm raised salmon. You can either pull the pin bones or cut the filets along the pin bone line and save the hassle of pulling them.

Marinate in the fridge in a 1-gallon or 2-gallon Ziploc bag with all the air removed.

Smoke in the WSM with a little water in the pan at 250-300*F for around 15 minutes. What I am looking for is a slightly translucent flesh, solid pink is over done, IMO.

After removing, drizzle a little reserved marinade over the salmon.

You can eat it as is or make it into a wrap.

For wraps, I use green leafy lettuce and peeled English cucumbers and a shmear of cream cheese on a tortilla to glue the wrap together.

Served with Creamy Dill Dip: 1 cup each real mayonaise and plain yogurt, and 2 tablespoons dry dill whisked together.

Cut the wraps at an angle (on the bias) into 1" thick medallions makes for a nice appetizer.

Enjoy,

~Konrad

Back