weber 640

T COTA

Hi I bought a weber 640 it is quite a grill but I have a few issues with it . Nuber one if it sit out in the rain it seems to start to rust on the shelves with a little elbow grease and some soap and water it cleans up so Iput it under cover after useing and it has not done this since. The other problem is with lighting the burners some times they dont light when you turn the knob it takes several tries to get some of the burners lit usually 2 of the 6 will do this and it is not the same ones all the time any ideas thanks .TIM

T,

I won this grill at work about a yr. ago. I have been disappointed with it. For the price, it just doesn't cut the mustard. The kobs aren't sealed well and get rain water in them which freezes, making them inoperable. Weber needs to either revamp the 600 line or abandon it. The better Genesis grills at half the price are a better value. Weber has never made excellent high-end grills and probably won't. There are nuch better choices out there.

Dave
Have you discussed this with Weber CS? It's customer feedback, whether positive or negative that helps them with new design. Whilst the BBQs go through a rigourous testing regime during the design and prototyping this may be one scenario that was overlooked.
I gather from your description that your BBQ is out in the weather and not undercover. Their thinking may be that people with high-end built in grills will usually house them undercover. Here in Australia I have not heard any complaints regarding the Summit built in range (S640), however this type of BBQ will always be built into an outdoor entertaining area which is undercover. In Australia a Summit S640 costs $AUD 5199.00 ($USD 3640.00).
Anyway Dave, have a chat to Weber CS, or send them an email and voice your concerns.

Regards

Just wondering if you guys have avalid phone # for Weber cs as the one I have does not seem to work thanks TIM

Back