Warrens, WI congrat's

ChrisPM

TVWBB Fan
Congratulations to fellow TVWBB members on their calls at Smokin' in the Bogs last weekend! John Cossman - Grand Champion, Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson - 1st place Brisket and Peter Matijevich - 2nd place chicken. We pulled out a 3rd place ribs. I hope I didn't miss anyone and hope one these comps I'll have time to get away from the cooksite and say hello to you all!!

Congratulations To ALL!
smiley-happy088.gif

Congrats to all the TVWBB members on your excelent showing at Smokin' in the Boggs. You done us proud!

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Goethel:
Chris & John, congratulations! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What am I? Chopped liver?
icon_biggrin.gif

I was happy to see Coz get back on top and start his run for the 2012 Jack.

Chris, I was happy to hear Baraboo Q a couple of times.

My WSMs have never performed better than they did at this comp. We were thrilled with how we finished (9th chikin, 8th ribs, 1st Brisket, 6th overall) and had time to chat with a bunch of guys, but I don't think I got around to you Chris.

I have to fess up to kinda cheatin ...I dont use my WSMs at comps but they are the go to for home cookin. I am just too dang lazy to run 3 or 4 pits at a comp . It seems like saturday I was so relieved that our season was done now on tuesday I am wishin that I was able to do another one or two this year. Congrats all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Cossman:
I have to fess up to kinda cheatin ...I dont use my WSMs at comps but they are the go to for home cookin. I am just too dang lazy to run 3 or 4 pits at a comp . It seems like saturday I was so relieved that our season was done now on tuesday I am wishin that I was able to do another one or two this year. Congrats all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alright, John. There is a 10 step program
All you gotta do is tell us what you cooked on and ask for forgiveness.
icon_cool.gif

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Cossman:
I have to fess up to kinda cheatin ...I dont use my WSMs at comps but they are the go to for home cookin. I am just too dang lazy to run 3 or 4 pits at a comp . It seems like saturday I was so relieved that our season was done now on tuesday I am wishin that I was able to do another one or two this year. Congrats all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats OK John! I confess I don't either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Renaud:
QUOTE]

Thats OK John! I confess I don't either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ric, say it aint so! Oh my, it's a movement, no not that kind......
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
At Alice's restaraunt!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
Alright, John. There is a 10 step program
All you gotta do is tell us what you cooked on and ask for forgiveness.
icon_cool.gif

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I kinda built a copy of Stumps Platinum model .She has been good to us. She is kinda overkill for KCBS comps so I have started her lil sister. I would say I actually use my WSMs more then the clone as they are so efficent and work really nice for just the wife and I.

Thanks Chris. We had a great time. I should thank the Clark and the Wyocena Yacht Club...it was their old 18" WSM that cooked the chicken that day
icon_smile.gif
We were hoping to reproduce the 1st place ribs from the Grill Games in Kenosha...but we got too much smoke in them
icon_frown.gif

John, we are doing the Libertyville contest October 14&15.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter Matijevich:
I should thank the Clark and the Wyocena Yacht Club...it was their old 18" WSM that cooked the chicken that day
icon_smile.gif
... we are doing the Libertyville contest October 14&15. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No need to thank me Peter. If you and your dad hadn't bought that WSM it may have sat in my garage and never cooked again. I'm glad it is in the hands of folks who love, and know how, to use it.

Libertyville was one of the first comps I ever went to. It was freaking cold! Hope you guys have a good cook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat McCreight:
Come on down to Libertyville, it's going to be warm this year
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats one of the big lies in the world ...checks in the mail ,and it will be warm and dry in libertyville. Our team is done for the season .I have a full month of cooking for parties ,weddings etc.And we spent our limit for the year so all the comp stuff is put away.I may show up down there to help some friends or just show up to visit.

Back