WSM's Mobile Cart

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Wanted a way to move the WSM's around, so I found a 48"x24" garden cart at Tractor Supply. Made of a lightweight expanded metal with 13" tires. Cut a piece of plywood for the floor then painted the oil drip pan and placed it on top of the plywood. Had to cut 1 1/2" from the pan for it to fit inside the cart.

I added a set of handles to the one WSM while I was at it.

The cart raises the cookers about 15" off the ground making the top grate just about chest high, excellent height, very comfortable.

That's a neat idea. I have one of those carts but because of the narrow wheel track, I'd be afraid to take it off the driveway. Have you tried it in the yard?

Showin' off your new truck, eh? Looks nice. Here's mine.

Nice looking truck Bill.

The cookers are not steady enough in the cart to be doing any off-roading with. I wanted this just to have it on the patio and be able to move them around easily without having to lift them or drag them. The only way to secure them would be to bolt them to the plywood or heavy rubber bungee chord them to the frame.

That is the reason I am not allowed in stores like Tractor Supply, Farm and Fleet, etc...
The stores don't ban me, the wife does. I'd buy something like that and she'd remind me about it on our 50th anniversary, 38 years from now.

Good idea. Especially if you move the boys inside when you're done.

Back