Maveric et73 died

Roger M

TVWBB Member
Only used it about 3 times so far. went to use it today and after running a few mins with just the smoker probe while the cooker got running at temp i plugged in the food probe. It was reading wrong, saying raw food was over 200F. after changing the batteries in the transmitter figuring it was the problem it just died all together. Transmitter wont even power up now. Guess i'll have to call maveric tommorow. Anyone deal with thier warranty dept before?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roger M:
Only used it about 3 times so far. went to use it today and after running a few mins with just the smoker probe while the cooker got running at temp i plugged in the food probe. It was reading wrong, saying raw food was over 200F. after changing the batteries in the transmitter figuring it was the problem it just died all together. Transmitter wont even power up now. Guess i'll have to call maveric tommorow. Anyone deal with thier warranty dept before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger: I have a Maverick ET-7 which I have used around 6 times and it works great! Could it be that the point of your probe is sticking through your meat and touching the grate??

Richard

WSM(Old Model), OTG 22 1/2 with Smokenator

It wasnt hitting the grate, pretty sure anyway. However that is the least of my problems as it wont even power up now

Got the transmitter working now, switch has an intermittent problem turning on. However the meat probe is still reading off. I think it may have gotten submerged in water while getting washed. I checked its resistance and it reads alot less then the smoker or other probes i have in the house. I got it in the oven to try and dry it out if that is the issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roger M:
Got the transmitter working now, switch has an intermittent problem turning on. However the meat probe is still reading off. I think it may have gotten submerged in water while getting washed. I checked its resistance and it reads alot less then the smoker or other probes i have in the house. I got it in the oven to try and dry it out if that is the issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you got the transmitter going,however, per the Maverick instructions you are to clean the probe with a damp cloth or sponge and not submerge in water.

Back