Different models

Heat shield, access door, water pan, charcoal grate (YMMV), and lid thermometer. And price.
icon_smile.gif

See: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/22wsm.html

It reflects a price drop of $25 from $249. The value of the modifications are in the eye of the beholder. The 721001 sells for $299, so with that $75 in savings you could buy a good quality thermometer for $40, drill a hole in the lid and mount it yourself, and still have a few bucks left in your pocket.

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
It reflects a price drop of $25 from $249. The value of the modifications are in the eye of the beholder. The 721001 sells for $299, so with that $75 in savings you could buy a good quality thermometer for $40, drill a hole in the lid and mount it yourself, and still have a few bucks left in your pocket.

Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, then it comes down to how handy you are with tools and how comfortable you are drilling holes in your new smoker. Personally, I'm not terribly handy with a drill and I wasn't comfortable with drilling holes in my new smoker, so for me the extra money was worth it.

But, yeah, if you're good with tools and don't mind modding your smoker yourself, Chris makes a very good point.

ive got an old style 18 and a brand new 22 the 18 works fine as is. but the new lid therm is pretty nice. heat shield i didnt put mine on i think its just another thing to clean unless you have a wood deck or a composite deck.

for my 18 i just stuck a therm through the lid vent and go. my opinion the only worthwhile difference is the lid thermometer.

Back