Hand Truck for Mobility?

Donny Anderson

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone ever tried to modify a hand truck dolly to use as a means for transporting your WSM? It looks like that something could be fabricated to sit under the cooker and then propped up onto a hand cart. Anyone tried anything like this?

John Mason did an excellent job of mofifying a hand truck a few years back. The thread can be found here but unfortunately, all the pics are missing.

Bill

The photos for my mod seem to have been deleted from Snapfish Photo website due to my inactivity there. I'll repost 'em to another image site tonight and get that fixed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rusty Barton:
Or you can just add casters and bracing to the legs. Click on the "WSM mod" link in my below for a photo of my modified WSM.

WSM mod

Rusty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you just buy those braces between the legs or have to make them? Only thing holding me back is that I didn't have a conduit bender to make the round one I seen on here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did you just buy those braces between the legs or have to make them? Only thing holding me back is that I didn't have a conduit bender to make the round one I seen on here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made them. That's just electrical conduit cut to length, with the ends hammered flat and holes drilled through them.

Rusty

The pics have been restored for the
wsmlogosmallvc7.jpg
mod.

Any other info, just ask.

I have drawings, of a sort. I'm no Draftsman, so I wouldn't really call them a set of plans. I tried to find a company to produce them for me, but couldn't negotiate a deal that I was happy with. I'm no Businessman. Making them by hand just wasn't a feasible option, so there I sit.

If anyone wants a set of the drawings (PDF format) you're welcome to them. Or if anyone is a Draftsman or Businessman...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If anyone wants a set of the drawings (PDF format) you're welcome to them. Or if anyone is a Draftsman or Businessman... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Draftsman.... That would be me.

We'll have to connect and see what can be done to clean up the drawings...

Daniel,
Have you and John had any luck with his plans? John's plans are really good, but I would like to see someone's perspective as well before I attempt to create my own WSM Wheels.
Donny

John,
Could you email me the pictures you have on the original mod link in a larger scale? I would like to see more detail of your project, if you don't mind. Thanks in advance for your trouble. You really have a great idea here.
Donny

Back