New Rubs from Weber

Gary Hafer

TVWBB Member
I was at Sam's Club yesterday and discovered Weber released four new rubs in their Grill Creations series. There's a classic BBQ rub, one for Salmon, and two others whose names I don't recall now. These are in addition to the seasoning sets they offered last year.

Gary

Gary,

I was at my Sams also and got some of the bbq rub. Not to bad at all, has a lot of turbinado sugar in it with a little heat. Tried it on some loin backs and brisket!
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

Tim,
That's good to know since I bought two of them.
icon_smile.gif

I'm going to try the Salmon rub this Wednesday when my wife is bringing her former college professor over for dinner. She's a very particular eater, by the way, from the list of things she prefers. Have to ask those things ahead of times these days, but she's from the South so she cannot refuse barbecue, right?

Gary

Last weekend I used the "Sweet & Tangy" to which I added a good amount of black pepper & cayenne on some butts and it was excellent. Helped spice it up a bit.

I have been using these products, and the marinades from Weber, as well. The results have been uniformly excellent. They have a new marinade called "Southern Whiskey" that does good things to pork.

Other than the four older marinades and the new rubs--both at Sam's--I haven't been able to find any of the new Weber marinades or seasonings, either here in the East or in Ohio. I saw a press release for some of them on the web, but "Southern Whiskey" was not one of them.

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
never seen any. besides sam's, where ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Super Walmart has them, also.

super wal mart
icon_smile.gif
. my town is the biggest in the area. yet most other towns have a super wal mart and other big stores but yet wal mart here has delayed a super wal mart for over 7 years. other stores have also built bigger/better in smaller towns but here we are, the county seat and zippo, nada, nope, nuttin. there is nothing left here to kick out any way so thats not an issue. our costco is the biggest sq ft in calif but basically has nuttin compared to other smaller ones that i have been to. keep complaining but seems to fall on deaf ears. whats funny is that the city keeps wondering were the tax money is. take a guess. sorry, just venting.

Thanks, Chris and George. We do not have a Super Wal-Mart because of reasons similar to the ones George cites.

I tried two Super Wal-Marts in my travels--one I've visited several times in the past--and they seem to have the same Weber seasonings that they had on the shelf last year! And no Six-Pepper mix or any of the new flavors, announced and unannounced.

Gary

Wow, that didn't take long, but I suspected such when the BBQ Rub ran out at my local Sam's and was not replenished. I bought about 10 cans of the Weber spray at Big Lots just a few weeks ago--$1.50 each!

Gary

The Savory Salmon one is very good. We've had good luck with all the various rubs and seasonings they've come out with in the past year or so.

Back