Square Shooter Meat Loaf

I have always been a fan of Meatloaf but I could never understand why people cook it in a breadpan or one of These I just can't handle the grease. I do use a meatloaf pan but only as a form to make it look pretty and symetrical slices.

DSCN0177-1.jpg
DSCN0175-1.jpg

So there they are nice and square with some green peppers, carrots, oatmeal, salt & pepper added to ground pork,ground chuck and turkey burger. Flip them out of the bread pan on to some parchment paper and on to the grill indirect.

DSCN0179-1.jpg
DSCN0187.jpg

Add a little apple smoke and after a while they end up looking like this.

DSCN0190.jpg

Did some garlic smashed potato's, carrots and a spinach salad and you have a nice easy meal.

Here's your plate.....

DSCN0197.jpg

Thanks for stoppin by.

Fantastic looking meal, Bill. Thanks for the tip about cooking them on the grill vs. the usual grease fest when cooking in the oven.

Good looking. Never thought of using parchment on the grill or WSM. I actually have an old spring form pan that I've drilled holes in the bottom and sides for meatloaf and my barbecue cheesecake.

Bill, that looks delicious! I'll take 4 slices and extra mashed taters.

I too have never understood why people use a loaf pan and let it swim in grease.

Magazine quality pictures. Fantistic looking meatloaf. Nothing spruces up boring old meatloaf like a little smoke flavor. Not that your's needed any sprucing up though.

whats up with you bill...??!!
did you get a new camera from santa or what? your photos look OUTSTANDING!
your cookin' is ALWAYS great butt h3llb3lls man, this ML serenade blows me away!

Thanks Everyone

Larry and Geir I have been going to Parchment paper alot for indirect cooking you really can't beat it for clean up and it's non-sticking properties to the grill.

Jim T i agree smoking meatloaf is the way to go and

Jim H it does keep your kitchen clean

Jim L Yep I got a brand new Nikon Coolpix 14.0 MP for Christmas My wife loves me I guess cause she knows how much time I spend here and taking pictures.

Great looking meat loaf and meal! Guess my wife is just going to have to share her parchment paper with me the next meat loaf I do.

Now that would be great for dinner tonite with the temps dropping to the single digits here in Wisconsin.

Awesome looking meatloaf. I'm inspired to try it and interested in the oatmeal ingredient as to portions and is it used instead of bread crumbs?

Last edited:

Back